P3 advanced or wait for a p4?

Enjoy entertaining yourself, does this place have an ignore feature

Edit::::: thank goodness, it does

Well the p3A shipped! I should be happy; but, thanks to some angry troll I feel like kicking the dog for eating my money.

Such a nice friendly community.
Well it sucks that you are irritated now, try to forget about the troll and get excited about your phantom 3 advanced! I think that with things like these the excitement researching, then ordering, then waiting is the second best part (second to flying to which is the best with a phantom 3 and lightbridge)

As the wise man said ... there will always be something cheaper and better around the corner. So lets dream. They bring out a P4. Great. They launch it. Ohhh its rather expensive. Demand is outstripping supply. Lets wait a month. Month goes by Price drops slightly because the bring out a P4 Advantage. hmmmmm better but more money. Wait till it settles down a bit and the price is bound to drop. About to buy and then there are rumors of the P4 Ultimate. Do I wait and get that?

Or say sod it lets find a good p3p at a cheap price and enjoy it. After all its very good. All we want really is an easy to fly machine the can take photos and videos. The P3P fits that bill.

The choice as they say is yours. :)

Since upgrading mine I find I can get Follow Me etc lovely now.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Unless you are excited, wait feverishly, and then it turns out that you are in a no-fly zone. Then you'd be pissed, no? All the nicotine in the world wouldn't help with that.

Well it sucks that you are irritated now, try to forget about the troll and get excited about your phantom 3 advanced! I think that with things like these the excitement researching, then ordering, then waiting is the second best part (second to flying to which is the best with a phantom 3 and lightbridge)

Let's all just settle down. If you can't make your point politely, don't do it.

Unless you are excited, wait feverishly, and then it turns out that you are in a no-fly zone. Then you'd be pissed, no? All the nicotine in the world wouldn't help with that.

Relax a bit there Davphys - your comment here (on nicotine and not helping) is funny, made me chuckle.

However, this "cyberspace fued" (if I can call it that) with Fir3b1rd could have been avoided completely had you properly digested his initial comment as per the issues with government regulatory issues with regard to "vaping" and now how those same regulatory bodies are all over quads/drones! Further to that, his clear explanation in a follow-up comment/reply of why he used the subject of "vapes" when comparing the regulatory issues was another chance to grasp why he uses that as nothing more than a parallel of 2 separate cases of government interference and ignorance. Sounds to me like Fir3b1rd has been through the wringer with the "vapes" and regulatory b.s., restrictions etc. and all the frustration that goes with it and was just letting us know, it's nothing new in his world, and something we should be prepared for in the long run as to this hobby and the regulation bodies who try and eventually likely will control it.

Happy Flying - and - Vaping (for those that do) - disclaimer: "no comparison to quad copter flying and vaping is intended with that comment".

Edit: for what it's worth Davphys - I don't think you were trolling either and thanks for info on GEO!

the p3a and the p3p. with the bigger 4k video ..they must chew up data use on upload ..and it takes me ages to upload quality with the p3s 2.7k

I think these drones fall into the category of gadgets that will be continually upgraded. Errr....Like smartphones. Thus, if you're one to always fears that "next year's model" will soon outdate and make obsolete (in your head) whatever you are considering or already have.....and if you don't have deep, deep pockets.....then maybe this is the wrong hobby for you. :)

Personally, I don't get it. But then, I'm the kind of person that just upgraded my six-year old smart phone because it suddenly went belly-up and wouldn't boot anymore. My P2 with GoPro is flying just fine.

I think these drones fall into the category of gadgets that will be continually upgraded.

Personally, I don't get it. But then, I'm the kind of person that just upgraded my six-year old smart phone because it suddenly went belly-up and wouldn't boot anymore. My P2 with GoPro is flying just fine.
The P3 was a huge advance beyond the technology of thh P2 series and worthwhile updating for.
The P4 is unlikely to offer as much reason to migrate.

The "software zone thingy" is not a bad thing. It will allow people who have permission to fly in restricted areas to fly. The way no fly zones have been since the Phantom 2 were troublesome to me. It used to be that if you lost gps for whatever reason and then gained gps again mid flight but you were now in a no fly zone that your phantom would land automatically. Would you rather have that? 3dr solo is a joke, you can't even get good video out of it. For $1800 if you want to wait you could get the Yuneec Typhoon H when it is released.
Ordered a Yuneec 4K . Sent it back. Was defective out of the box and doesn't have the GPS locators like the DJI P3A when flying out of sight. The extras are a waste of money. Stick with the Phantoms.

The P3 was a huge advance beyond the technology of thh P2 series and worthwhile updating for.
The P4 is unlikely to offer as much reason to migrate.

Well, I think you may have made my point. Thanks.

I don't think you can rationally make a decision to upgrade or not without considering what you really are trying to accomplish

If it's just to have the latest technology on board, then by all means upgrade. Oh, excuse me...I need to stick to rational decisions.

Like I said, I'm not the kind of person to base my decisions on that kind of thinking. You won't find me waiting in line overnight for the latest iPhone either. But if the latest model will significantly extend my ability to accomplish a meaningful task, then okay maybe. Or significantly allow me to expand my enjoyment of a hobby, then maybe too.

My real point however, is to advise people not to get on that upgrade, upgrade, upgrade treadmill. DJI will appreciate it, I'm sure, but.... Be rational, and be aware that no matter what you decide, there will be a new model beckoning your wallet in a few months, and that new model may not bring you the joy and happiness you thought it would.

The most recent Phantoms, the standard and the 4k, have reduced range in comparison to the advanced and professional. The most recent 4k model has reduced live feed resolution making FPV less effective. I foresee future phantoms continuing this trend to keep it within un-aided visual LOS range, hard coded 400 ft AGL ceiling, and of course GEO restricted.

I disagree. The most recent ones were low end cheap ones. And right now it is hard to know what is actually AGL. Moreover, GEO will ultimately remove restrictions and allow for more flying, not less. I have spoken to Brendan Schulman about this. It is in beta now but the yellow zones will be dramatically reduced before it rolls out publicly.

The most recent Phantoms, the standard and the 4k, have reduced range in comparison to the advanced and professional. The most recent 4k model has reduced live feed resolution making FPV less effective. I foresee future phantoms continuing this trend to keep it within un-aided visual LOS range, hard coded 400 ft AGL ceiling, and of course GEO restricted.

Well, I did end up with the advanced and love it. did my first autoflight with lichi yesterday and was shocked at how well it did,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl