p3 advanced most economical cruising speed ?

Lots of variables, wind, temp, pressure. Full stick gets you there fast, half stick gets half the speed while still powering the camera, gps processing. Weigh the time stated on planning vs. expected battery time.

Reactions: Drone Derro
Flying slowly most of the power is consumed in hovering. Flying faster the power consumed increases with the square of airspeed. To fly twice as fast as any given speed requires 8 times the power (due to drag). At 14ms a phantom 3 will get about 14km distance (17mins flight time). The following article explains it all beautifully.

long range drone DJI Phantom 3 professional

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks to all Am planning a litchi mission to a mates farm 12250 meters .The mission says at 30kph =32 minutes 40kph=24 minutes and 50kph=19 minutes
So with a full battery a tail wind 50kph and some luck possible? Any problems running flat strap for 20 minutes ?
Derro

Litchi will not permit this. Last waypoint must be within certain distance of home point. Also you are stretching your luck big time with the duration of that flight...

If you have a clear line of sight to him, mabey... MABEY try ATTI mode at full speed.

I planned the mission in litchi with his farm wp2 saved it . Litchi gave no indication it would'nt do it but that could change when started I have seen no mention of any distance limitation in Litchi. With the prevailing winds at the moment 60--65 KPH in ATTI is possible but need a waypoint to land by
Thanks Derro

If you have a clear line of sight to him, mabey... MABEY try ATTI mode at full speed.
It's less than 15min to fly 12km at 50km/hr so you aren't pushing your luck. Litchi won't let you do it though as someone said above. 50km is the sweet spot for max distance. Do this away from anything under the flight path you would be concerned about hitting if things go pear shaped.

It will plan, but wont start mission if last waypoint is too far.. Plan a mission along route, plan several with 1st. and last waypoints near him/near you.Fly ATTI... if need to start the mission nearest your desired outcome of last waypoint.

It is over 7 miles, so amplifier would be needed as well as clear line of sight. I could with either my 3 watt or 8 watt amp..... but I wouldn't want to risk my little baby.

I think the only safe way is fly ATTI as someone drives you to your final point along with the drone.

Checking on google seems you can fly as far as you like as long as you don't exceed 2000 m between waypoints and the last waypoint is no further than
2000m from the first waypoint if I understand correctly might have to get a battery mod

Thanks to all Derro

I've tried it. I think it was either 1.0 or 1.1 miles miles max distance between waypoints.

If you had signal at ground level the destination you could supply your friend with a battery. Plan a waypoint mission round trip, but toggle P at friends house, land. Friend could switch batteries and you start another mission from there back to you... (wonders...)

It can be done. As soon as you get to the last way point at your mates farm, set it to hover. It will then eventually lower when the battery goes down and then land at your mates but make sure you don't have smart RTH set and it should be good. Test this theory out first tho. Set two way points near to you and just let it hover on the last way point then see how it goes when battery hits 10%. It will lower and land. I know this from experience lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It can be done. As soon as you get to the last way point at your mates farm, set it to hover. It will then eventually lower when the battery goes down and then land at your mates but make sure you don't have smart RTH set and it should be good. Test this theory out first tho. Set two way points near to you and just let it hover on the last way point then see how it goes when battery hits 10%. It will lower and land. I know this from experience lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
This won't work for the proposed mission (unless there has been a change implemented in the latest litchi version). The last waypoint must be within 2km of the homepoint.

Think I have this figured wp 1 near take off wp2 2000 meters out . wp3 (mates farm) wp4back to take off point . At wp3 under actions set wait time to 300 +seconds this should reach critical battery time and land . Biggest problem if it makes an unsked landing drowned by irrigator or trampled by livestock:( edit need to add aheap more waypoints, just tried to fly it and get message to far between waypoints
Derro

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan