P3 advanced firmware query

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Picked up a p3a during the week and attempting my first flight tomorrow.
I have updated the firmware but wanted to ensure its all the right versions, a lot to learn as a newb.

Here is a screen shot of the firmware:
2dc2305fe403d3bf12d9fe6bdf788724.jpg

Thanks in advance

I just picked up an advance this morning, won't get to touch it until this evening but I thought the general advice is not to update the firmware, is this incorrect?

The general advice is not to rush to update to new firmwares, but after a while you should update to the latest. Only be sure there are no problems reported before do it.

Hi guys and gals,

Picked up a p3a during the week and attempting my first flight tomorrow.
I have updated the firmware but wanted to ensure its all the right versions, a lot to learn as a newb.

Here is a screen shot of the firmware:
2dc2305fe403d3bf12d9fe6bdf788724.jpg

Thanks in advance
Everything is up to date...enjoy your flight! :)

And yes, it appear to be updated to the latest. I have been using it for two weeks with no problems.

Stay away from Charlie Browns kite eating tree, seem to have changed its diet to expensive UAVs. Post some pictures as most forum members like to see others success.

I just picked up an advance this morning, won't get to touch it until this evening but I thought the general advice is not to update the firmware, is this incorrect?
This is the usual advice from those who fear installing firmware updates. It's a pretty simple process if you follow these instructions. If you try to do it some other way though, then you might be soon be joining the camp of those who fear the updates ;)

This is the usual advice from those who fear installing firmware updates. It's a pretty simple process if you follow these instructions. If you try to do it some other way though, then you might be soon be joining the camp of those who fear the updates ;)
Updating has nothing to do with fear, it has to do with changes in how the different P3's operate with different versions. For instance - I want my P3A to fly with no NFZ limitations and as fast as it can fly. So I leave it at 1.3.2 because with the newer versions, they have reduced the speed to help stop the stress cracking, fix battery issues that came out with 1.4.1 and so on. I don't really care about the NFZ updates that come in the latest versions because I don't fly in the NFZ's anyway. I like having the speed. Yea I'm giving up being able to shoot in 2.7k with the P3A on the latest fw but there's always some trade off. My P3P is on 1.64 because it came that way and it works fine. I updated all 7 batteries from both the P3A and the P3P - to the P3P 1.64 fw because after I checked using the batteries with the P3A, it still runs great even with the wrong fw version designed for the Pro running on it instead of the normal advanced fw. I like having all 7 batteries to fly in either P3 so leaving my UAV's where they are right now let's me fly with no limitations and I can interchange the batteries without having any camera issues that happen when trying to change batteries between the 2 with the latest fw. The 1.8 Pro fw is not compatible with the older versions of fw on other UAV's because with DJI's new platform, everything has to be the same. So it's not fear for me, it's knowing my 2 different P3's and what keeps them running together :) When I saw your comment msinger, I knew you were wanting to have some fun, haha. °°°Fear°°° that got me laughing, and I like the way you think :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20