P3 Adv owners....how to up your P3 value by upgrading to the P3 Pro

Reaction score
If you read my previous posts you will know I do not take well by how DJI pricing & de-stocking policy placed the averaged loyal customer in a position owning products of no "value".....

Simple calculation in Swiss Franc. I paid 1250SFR for my P3 Adv in November 2015. Today DJI themselves sell the P3 Pro at 700$ in the US. No need to speculate what I will get for my bird on sites like e-bay....

The time is NOW to react and to look for the right P3 Pro deal on the 2nd hand market. Your averaged P3 Pro owner are in the same predicament as the P3 Adv owner, in fact it is worse for the P3 Pro average owner..... The secret are the following. P3 Pro owners caught in P4 fever will do anything to get the P4. I monitor the 2nd hand portals 3 to 4 times per day and you need to look for the following. Find a P3 Pro owner who sells his or hers P3 Pro in a packaged deal. (Again thank you DJI....loyal P3 owners cannot keep batteries and they forced to sell all....)

Example is I bought a P3 Pro with 3 batteries plus filters plus a number of other goodies for the great price of 750SFR. At the same time I placed my P3 Adv up for sale and currently it is at 700SFR.......it will most probably reach 750SFR or more. (Basic P3 Adv plus 1 battery)

By doing this swap (deal), I basically upped my P3 value back to 1100SFR+ and at the same time I now the happy owner of a P3 Pro set-up.

It is my believe that the P3 pro will hold its value in the 2nd hand market for at least the 2016 summer season, especially taking in account that once DJI sold of their P3 stock the 2nd hand market pricing situation should stabilize.......

The next step should be to upgrade to the P4. Knowing how well DJI look after their clients we can expect the P4 prices will fall by 40 to 50% by autumn 2016. Their are also the chance that a next version of the P4 might be launched in late summer..... Do not be surprised to see a version P4 version with a camera that will lower or a P4 version with a type of retractable landing gear. Now this will have a huge effect on the 2nd hand pricing of P4's sold today......(selling of P4 stock in the DJI manner)

Waiting 6 - 9 months will place P3 Pro owners in a great position to upgrade to the P4. Key is to do the right swap as explained above....see this:-

My initial P3 Adv total expense = 1450 (P3 Adv plus 2nd battery plus Hard case)
Selling my P3 Adv (basic version) for 750
Buying a P3 Pro basic plus 2 extra batteries (total 3) plus filters plus other for only 750
The P3 Pro resale value when selling in parts (P3 Pro basic 900, Battery 120, other 100 = 1240SFR)

Key is timing and getting a P3 Pro seller so eager to get his P4 that he is willing to sell all in one package deal at current 2nd hand rates.......

Last edited:
Great.. Or Keep them both

Correct....the only thing is the P3 Adv are very sensitive to pricing variation on the 2nd hand market.....the Pro has a good image and people want them......

p3p in us are 999 not 750

If you read my previous posts you will know I do not take well by how DJI pricing & de-stocking policy placed the averaged loyal customer in a position owning products of no "value".....

Simple calculation in Swiss Franc. I paid 1250SFR for my P3 Adv in November 2015. Today DJI themselves sell the P3 Pro at 700$ in the US. No need to speculate what I will get for my bird on sites like e-bay....

The time is NOW to react and to look for the right P3 Pro deal on the 2nd hand market. Your averaged P3 Pro owner are in the same predicament as the P3 Adv owner, in fact it is worse for the P3 Pro average owner..... The secret are the following. P3 Pro owners caught in P4 fever will do anything to get the P4. I monitor the 2nd hand portals 3 to 4 times per day and you need to look for the following. Find a P3 Pro owner who sells his or hers P3 Pro in a packaged deal. (Again thank you DJI....loyal P3 owners cannot keep batteries and they forced to sell all....)

Example is I bought a P3 Pro with 3 batteries plus filters plus a number of other goodies for the great price of 750SFR. At the same time I placed my P3 Adv up for sale and currently it is at 700SFR.......it will most probably reach 750SFR or more. (Basic P3 Adv plus 1 battery)

By doing this swap (deal), I basically upped my P3 value back to 1100SFR+ and at the same time I now the happy owner of a P3 Pro set-up.

It is my believe that the P3 pro will hold its value in the 2nd hand market for at least the 2016 summer season, especially taking in account that once DJI sold of their P3 stock the 2nd hand market pricing situation should stabilize.......

The next step should be to upgrade to the P4. Knowing how well DJI look after their clients we can expect the P4 prices will fall by 40 to 50% by autumn 2016. Their are also the chance that a next version of the P4 might be launched in late summer..... Do not be surprised to see a version P4 version with a camera that will lower or a P4 version with a type of retractable landing gear. Now this will have a huge effect on the 2nd hand pricing of P4's sold today......(selling of P4 stock in the DJI manner)

Waiting 6 - 9 months will place P3 Pro owners in a great position to upgrade to the P4. Key is to do the right swap as explained above....see this:-

My initial P3 Adv total expense = 1450 (P3 Adv plus 2nd battery plus Hard case)
Selling my P3 Adv (basic version) for 750
Buying a P3 Pro basic plus 2 extra batteries (total 3) plus filters plus other for only 750
The P3 Pro resale value when selling in parts (P3 Pro basic 900, Battery 120, other 100 = 1240SFR)

Key is timing and getting a P3 Pro seller so eager to get his P4 that he is willing to sell all in one package deal at current 2nd hand rates.......

buying a used phantom is a gamble, you could be trading down if the previous owner abused the aircraft. not to mention the issues with the P3P camera lenses. i wouldn't be so confident you're getting a good deal. if i planned to sell my phantom after a year, i wouldnt worry about taking great care of it and keeping up the maintenance.

at least in the US, back in november is when i started seeing sales for the P3P for $750 on occasion, you might have been able to get a better deal initially not sure about in your country.

Yesterday on DJI website they were selling the P3 Pro at 700$....I still tried to buy one but when changing to the Euro zone the price increased to 999Euro.
To answer another poster......it is correct, drones are probably the biggest gamble when buying 2nd hand, what I do to protect myself when purchasing stuf like drones I always go to collect, I will never buy on delivery only.
The point above were that it is possible for P3 Adv owners to limit their losses and at the same time to benefit from the huge value losses DJI products are known for........

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers