P3 A or P vs $1120 P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I'm not new to RC anything, as I've flown helicopters for a number of years. I've always wanted a quad and considered building one for POV flying a few years back but it was just too darn expensive. I'm now a little older with less time so the package of buying a ready to fly is extremely appealing.

However, I'm torn on what I should grab. My buddy works for Apple corporate so I can grab the P4 at $1120, or I'm wondering if I should be going the route of P3. I really like the idea of flying for miles, and I know there are rumored range issues but I'm not sure what to think.

What are everyone's thoughts?

P4. Ignore the negativity in other threads and skip around to see how many happy owners there are. You mentioned you have flown helicopters, RC? Real? I would suggest picking up a Syma x5c or x8c to practice flying, controls and basics before taking an expensive aircraft up into the air.

If you own any P3 then wait for the next iteration. If you are new to the multirotor world, then get the P4.

That Apple deal is the best and only one I've heard of on the p4 but you need to decide soon the special offer is supposed to expire at the end of March.

I'd go with the p4 at $1120 especially if you don't already have a p3.

So I'm not new to RC anything, as I've flown helicopters for a number of years. I've always wanted a quad and considered building one for POV flying a few years back but it was just too darn expensive. I'm now a little older with less time so the package of buying a ready to fly is extremely appealing.

However, I'm torn on what I should grab. My buddy works for Apple corporate so I can grab the P4 at $1120, or I'm wondering if I should be going the route of P3. I really like the idea of flying for miles, and I know there are rumored range issues but I'm not sure what to think.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where are you seeing the P4 for $1120?? It's $1399 at Apple stores and on Amazon.

Where are you seeing the P4 for $1120?? It's $1399 at Apple stores and on Amazon.

My buddy works for Apple corporate so I can grab the P4 at $1120

That is what he put in his post!

Geeeee..............

My step son works at an Apple store and was able to get me 10% off of my P4 and extra battery.

My cousin works at Best Buy and is selling it to me on his discount.. $1150

Or you could get a P3P for $800, and get 3 extra batteries (that'd be 4 total) for the same cost as the P4 and 1 battery.

Or hell, if you don't need the highest quality video or fpv, get a P3A. You could get that with 3 spare batteries and a backpack/case again for the price of a P4.

Oh and I'm comparing to your discounted P4 price, not the msrp of $1,400.

My step son works at an Apple store and was able to get me 10% off of my P4 and extra battery.

Phy,

Can you tell me how he was able to get an extra battery? I could use that as I'll be shooting a lot in the middle of the woods on my motorcycle, so car battery and inverter isn't an option. Thank you!

I hate to bring this up, but I mentioned that I like to go into the woods on my bike and fly. I also camp and usually there is no reception out there. However, I'm just now reading about the firmware upgrades that require authorization to fly in no fly zones. I assume this applies to the P4? This makes me extremely weary as I do not usually have access to any data while camping.

For a 120 difference between the P3 and the P4, get the P4. I have both and don't care either way but the P4 is a better made machine in several ways. On mine, I am getting the exact same range as I get with my P3 and the battery is getting on average about 20 mins if I bring it back on time. My battery tests have seemed to have stalled out at about 25mins (in windy conditions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav