Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

4k P3 4k

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Ted4797, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Ted4797

I have a P3 4k that had a shorted wire to the camera from the main board. I replaced it but still no camera. The bird did fly ok but of course no Go app because there was no camera. I replaced the main board and now I have full camera operation and the Go app,. However the Go app shows weak Wifi and it gives no IMU and of course now won't fly. I was able to set my wifi as the phantom so I am confused. Did I get a bad main board or is there something else I should be looking at?

2. Multicoptertec

By shorted, do you mean open? First thing to do is check that all cables are connected, internal and external.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

3. Ted4797

No, shorted as in touching each other. the wires were frayed for no apparent reason. The original owner should have sent it in. I am the second owner. I checked all the wires and replaced them all just in case already.

4. Ted4797

I see you are not far from me as the crow fly's. I am in Clermont Fl.

5. Multicoptertec

Have you rechecked all the connections? It's easy to miss one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Ted4797

yes several times.

7. FLPhantompilot

I bought mine used and he had tried to stuff the pins back in the connector and they came out after my 2 flight. its an 8 pin cable and 4 are + and 4 are - I'm waiting on a new cable but I'm going to run the cable on out side of shell just due to the fact that I don't want to have to undo every thing to run new cable down to gimble. Just pop off the cover and the connection is next to the usb.

8. Ted4797

I have been in there, I replaced the cable but the shorted wires may have ruined the Mother board. I got a new board and installed it. I then had video but a weak wifi. Turns out I had cut one of the antenna wires in the leg and didn't know it. Before I discovered that I tried updating as it said it needed to be done. Long story short (if that is possible) I bricked the board. I sent it back for credit. I got credit via Ebay but the board is sitting at the PO and can't be delivered. Those companies on ebay that sell them are out of China. I think it is a fake US location. Research on the web says it is. In about a week the PO will send it back to me. Then I will try to unbrick it. If that is possible. Hows that for a short story?

9. FLPhantompilot

Oh thats no good sorry. I bought the wrong cable first from B and H , it was for the standard but but i guess the standard 4k has a different cables . they sent one that had 8 wires but the other end had a 10 pin connector on it so i reordered the P3P cable hoping it has 8 pins on either side.

10. Ted4797

I am pretty sure it will work as I used that cable. Just a guess on my part. It fit.