P3 4K water damage and battery issue

Reaction score
I was being cocky a tried to fly through an opening in the forest and out over a lake. I swiped a branch, lost control, and landed in the water. I immediacy shut the motors down and took the battery out. I dried the drone with towels and placed it in a drying chamber.

The battery (95% charged) is now turning on by itself and the home button is blinking red and 4 LEDs are staying green.

5pdzk.jpg

Is the battery trying to discharge itself? I'm keeping a close eye on it. It's not getting warm or anything.

Last edited:
If the battery got wet, it's toast.

The battery is working but I don't trust it. The drone, gimbal, and camera also seem to working. I'll post the crash video later

The battery is working but I don't trust it. The drone, gimbal, and camera also seem to working. I'll post the crash video later
What do you mean by "is now turning on by itself " Because that's not normal.

What do you mean by "is now turning on by itself " Because that's not normal.
The battery LEDs light up like in the picture. The battery functions when I plug it into the drone and I can fly around but I'm not about to take it far and high

Reactions: Jimmy1952
I posted the video. The satellites kept jumping between 4-5 when I crashed.

I like risky flights but I won't be doing that anymore.

I am please to announce that the bird has fully recovered after diving into 1m of water.

I did however replace the battery for good measures.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj