P3 4k IMU Values blank, can not calibrate

Reaction score
DJI App does not display IMU values. They are just blank. Perhaps that was the reason that I almost lost the aircraft couple of days ago and hardly managed to land.

Any ideas? How do I make IMU values appear so I can do calibration. IMU Check and Calibration buttons do not do anything. Just displays that it is performing the task but it does not.

Thanks for your help

I had the exact same thing happened to me. When I connected the app it told me I needed to update. I have only had the 4k for 2 days so I don't know all of the lingo just yet but you should see update required.

I had the exact same thing happened to me. When I connected the app it told me I needed to update. I have only had the 4k for 2 days so I don't know all of the lingo just yet but you should see update required.
Mine does not pop up any reminder regarding an update though

Connected it online lately?

I made huuuge mistake by buying this piece of crap. Should've opted for pro version!

Losing video almost at 50 meters. barely survived and returned home.
Gives wifi interference warnings everywhere you go, loses signal at short distances.

Hmm.... at this point I would call dji (you ight be on hold for 10-15 mins, but no hang ups like their old phone system) and get them to walk you through reinstalling your firmware. And if that doesn't work... get them to replace it.

Just found a thread on dji forum titled "Bricked/Manual Firmware Update" under Phantom 3 Standard/4k. I hope it helps you....

could you provide link please
Just found a thread on dji forum titled "Bricked/Manual Firmware Update" under Phantom 3 Standard/4k. I hope it helps you....
I found it. DJI Forum|Phantom 3 Standard-Bricked / Manual Firmware Update
Looks like that's what the problem is. I had suspicion that my ipad changed wifi connection in the middle of the way, resulting that problem with the firmware. That's why wifi version is a disaster! long live Lightbridge!

Last edited:
So.. here was the solution of both of my problems.
1. Firmware for my P3 4k took care of IMU issue. Software asked for an update this morning so I followed through and it worked like a charm.
2. Gimbal tilt dial was not working on RC. Did RC calibration (got to do it right) and it got fixed too. Can't be happier!

Cool... glad it worked!!!
Your suggestion was right. Thanks.
Also I see on this forum lots of folks leave comments regarding their problems but only some manage to leave feedback in the end. Not a good habit because your solution may work for lots of others desperately seeking for problem-solving solutions.

Very true lka. The other BIG problem is a lot of folks associate the P3 4k Standard / 4k firmware with the Advanced / Professional firmware they are like oil and water... both are liquid but they don't mix.... fly safe...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers