P3 4k disappointed with range

Reaction score
Selling my p3 4k to get a P3 pro or P3 advanced.im not going to mess with range extenders on the P3 4k just going to upgrade to a light bridge drone for better distance.

Selling my p3 4k to get a P3 pro or P3 advanced.im not going to mess with range extenders on the P3 4k just going to upgrade to a light bridge drone for better distance.
i got the p3p refurbed.. Ive had several of them.. They are a very good bang for the buck... I recently purchased the itelite antenna and it will go much farther than Im willing to allow it..

Yeah I just got a P3P refurb as well. Love my little Standard but the range issues were frustrating. I'm still thinking of keeping it and using it for up close flights though.

My first flight with the P3P was on Sunday. I am really loving the added features and distance.

Instagram post by Jesse Meador • Apr 26, 2017 at 1:26am UTC

Wow, you guys have amazing eyes if you can see your drone 3 miles away! /sarcasm :p

I had the standard and upgraded to the Pro for the same reason. Regretting not just getting a P4P or even a mav but the price was right

I wanted that as well but I have to remain responsible with money. lol

That is a big chunk of money up in the sky. I'll get a P4P or Mavic in a year or so.

I can get almost 3 miles each way with my P3P - totally standard out of the box. 300B controller - the C gives less range. I don't see how a P4 will be an improvement .
Hi brother... I realize this is a common perception amongst the owners, But Im wondering if anyone has done any "real world" tests..
I ask this because I happen to have both.. and before I put my antenna on one of them, they gave me identical performance in range and video feed.. I have my flight history to confirm this..

Attachments

• IMG_3145.JPG
    IMG_3145.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 233
Hi brother... I realize this is a common perception amongst the owners, But Im wondering if anyone has done any "real world" tests..
I ask this because I happen to have both.. and before I put my antenna on one of them, they gave me identical performance in range and video feed.. I have my flight history to confirm this..

To be honest no I haven't tested this. I can say though that I had the 300A controller first and I was getting 10,000 feet before losing signal - the USB went faulty so swapped it for a 300B - straight away range was far better. So there is def a difference. Perhaps even between other controllers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie