P3 4k body

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to get the original p3 4k shells apparently dji no longer sells them

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Unless I'm bad mistaken it's the same shell as the Pro/Adv .
@msinger or @blade strike can confirm this .

Reactions: J Dot
As far as I know, DJI does not make a replacement shell for the 4K. I'm thinking the P3P/P3A shell will fit, but you might want to contact a DJI dealer that does repairs Phantoms (like DroneNerds) to confirm before you get knee-deep into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks, I will look into this option a little more

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: J Dot
It's not the same. I recently crashed the 4k and brought it in for repair, they showed me the replacement shell for adv/pro, and compare it with 4k. The position of the aircraft-rc link button of the 4k is not the same with pro/adv. the top shell could be the same, but bottom shell is not the same. Take a look at this diagram below and pay attention to no.15 on both pics.
P3P diagram.jpg
P34K diagram.jpg

It's not the same. I recently crashed the 4k and brought it in for repair, they showed me the replacement shell for adv/pro, and compare it with 4k. The position of the aircraft-rc link button of the 4k is not the same with pro/adv
You're right. It's not 100% the same. Here's the difference between the two shells (P3P is on the right):

Shells.jpg

Since nobody sells a P34K shell (as far as I know), I'm wondering if the linking button area can be popped out.

Last edited:
I had to use P3 Pro shell because I crashed the P3 4K. Now the problem is it doesnt have the hole for rc-aircraft link button. I can still reach it through the battery compartment when the battery is not inserted but that would be pointless when I need to use it. I think I have no choice but to drill a small hole.

As far as I know, DJI does not make a replacement shell for the 4K. I'm thinking the P3P/P3A shell will fit, but you might want to contact a DJI dealer that does repairs Phantoms (like DroneNerds) to confirm before you get knee-deep into it.
I say never listen to the company who sells them . They want you to buy a new drone. I agree with another answer I read on here......talk to a good repair facility. I have an old Phantom laying around The top on it fits rite on a P3 standard except for 4 screw holes. The battery compartment is very cheap if it needs to be changed out to fit your battery. Not saying they are all interchangeable , but there is a good chance it will work . I have sen them for 60 bucks (new) on eBay.

I have an old Phantom laying around The top on it fits rite on a P3 standard except for 4 screw holes.
Interesting. Wouldn't that render it useless if the screw holes don't match up?

Not necessarily , One can be creative....all these do is hold the top and bottom together . A good work around will work .There are many other screws assisting in this endeavor . Not a big problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd