Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2vision props on P1, flight characteristics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MILLER4PRESIDENT2020, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MILLER4PRESIDENT2020

Just put the plastic vision props on my Phantom 1. It seems like it was extremely sensitive and was constantly adjusting itself just to maintain a hover. In all fairness it was kind of windy out but not too bad, ive certainly flown in worse. Is this what I should expect from the new props? I am going to go put my old carbon fiber phantom 1 props back on and drive out to the same place for a comparison but just wanted to see if there were any quick answers before I do.

I realize my descriptive skills are somewhat lacking but it just seemed like it was very hard to do anything smooth, even flying in a straight line its like the phantom was twerking just to accomplish a straightforward command. I did not adjust any settings with the NAZA after putting the new ones on. I seem to remember in another thread someone did say they adjusted something.

2. ElGuano

PV props are much more sensitive to requiring balancing for good flight (they're heavier and carry more momentum). I think they are a bit more twitchy in the wind than 8" props, but after running them for a few flights, I didn't care to go back to the 8".

3. MILLER4PRESIDENT2020

am i supposed to adjust something in the NAZA settings for these new props?

4. ElGuano

Not at the moment. If you get 9" props, the first thing I would do is but a good prop balancer and check on YouTube to see how to use it. It will make 99% of the difference between great and horrible flight characteristics when you change props.

5. ladykate

I put them on my P1 and, as luck would have it, not a problem. They work fine. Prop guards don't fit anymore so I ordered some 9" guards which are coming from the Alpha Centauri system and won't be here until the next ice age.

6. Ton4

Ah a fellow galactic citizen....