P2vision + and P3 Standard controller

Reaction score
Are the two transmitters exactly the same? My P3S controller was defective, i sent it in for service, got an email saying service complete,and sending back to me, no charge.
I got package today, it is a new in box controller with Phantom 2 Vision + on the box, red wrapping just like the P2 ones ive seen, and it has a little mounting device in a bag included.
I thought the P2 V+ needed that external signal amplifier and the P3S was built in.
I compared it side by side with a P3S, only difference i see is the camera tilt wheel is metal on the P2 and plastic on the P3.
Just wondering if they are both the same, incase a mistake was made. I dont want to find out its the wrong controller when i put the aircraft in the air.
Any help appreciated,
Kevin

The Plus has the metal scroll wheel and that mounting piece is for the extender . 2.4
You have the wrong TX.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Ok, I finally heard back from DJI, they wanted me to send photos showing that I did have a transmitter from a phantom 2 vision +.,their response was that they did send the correct transmitter.
This just does not make sense to me. I just looked at specs off DJI website...
P 3 STANDARD transmitter shows 1000m range for FCC and 500m for CE.
The Phantom 2 VISION+ shows 500m FCC 300M CE.

HAS ANYONE TRIED A P2V+ Controller?

Ok, I finally heard back from DJI, they wanted me to send photos showing that I did have a transmitter from a phantom 2 vision +.,their response was that they did send the correct transmitter.
This just does not make sense to me. I just looked at specs off DJI website...
P 3 STANDARD transmitter shows 1000m range for FCC and 500m for CE.
The Phantom 2 VISION+ shows 500m FCC 300M CE.

HAS ANYONE TRIED A P2V+ Controller?
Put up a picture of what you got . Include that piece you got and the scroll wheel .

Put up a picture of what you got . Include that piece you got and the scroll wheel .
I have both .
Just from the scroll wheel
P2V+- IMG_3226.JPG
Standard - IMG_3227.JPG The Standard is grayish and the Plus is silver .
Whoops..had em backwards

Oh yeah. I took pictures of box too.clearly says P2V+ and has ghetto red paper wrapping and the metal wheel

Well I asked to post those and I showed ya so I don't know what to tell ya . A plus TX will not work with a Standard . The extenders are different .

Have you tried to connect to the bird? Try it, you might like it. I don't know. I would try it.

I'm gonna try it, but gonna call service and ask a human at dji repair facility. I will see if it connects but I want a person's name from DJI that says the P2V+ TX has the same range as P3S...

I saw the pics of the wheels. I noticed that the P2V camera tilt wheel looks more metallic than the P3

What are the EXTENDERS?
This is a RE700 extender that fits on the handle of a P2V+ handle . Has the antenna panel's inside . Is your 2.4
s-l64.jpg

This is a RE700 extender that fits on the handle of a P2V+ handle . Has the antenna panel's inside . Is your 2.4
View attachment 49204
This is the extender in a standard in the bottom of picture
IMG_1598.JPG The antennas have been removed there as I am modding that for an itelite panel .

Here is a pic... this is clearly a P2V V+ controller....I can't take it anymore. It's almost midnight here
I'm gonna see if it will link up

Attachments

• 1459568175922.jpg
    1459568175922.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 277
I would contact DJI Tim and see if he can help. Probably can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31