p2v3+ wont connect.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had it for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed several very enjoyable flights...everything worked to perfection.
Now quite suddenly, I can't connect to my phantom. Each time I try, I get "Connection to Phantom Failed".
I did the re-binding procedure...to no avail. I have no idea what to try next.
Is it possible that my Range Extender has failed?
Any insight you might give will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Hotdog

Maybe a stupid question, but is your wifi extender fully charged?

So what your saying is that when you use the DJI app and after switching on the TX then the extender and then finally the quad and then waiting a few minutes, then going onto your phone and connecting your wifi to the phantom and then finally launching the DJI app, then you get the message Connection to phantom failed.

Is there any power to the gimbal, i believe there is a green light on it when it is powered on.

Also is there any lights on the extender, is it connecting to the wifi correcty, does the app show at the top (on Android not Iphone) connected to phantom_xxx.

Are you still able to actually start the quad motors by doing the CSC command.?

hot dog said:
Hi all,
I've had it for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed several very enjoyable flights...everything worked to perfection.
Now quite suddenly, I can't connect to my phantom. Each time I try, I get "Connection to Phantom Failed".
I did the re-binding procedure...to no avail. I have no idea what to try next.
Is it possible that my Range Extender has failed?
Any insight you might give will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Hotdog

I have exactly the same problem with the added problem of an intermittent wifi presence. Meaning it's as if the wifi bounces on and off and mostly stays off. A few question I have : where does the wifi originate? the Range Extender? (if so it's misnamed) or from the wifi module inside the bird? if so why can't my Nexus (or my IPod) connect to it with the bird sitting on the table and the range extender off?

BTW the new Ipod app has an option the new Android doesn't: Upgrade Range Extender, which times out every time I try it.
When I can get the wifi to work my symptoms are exactly the same as above.

crash1sttime said:
So what your saying is that when you use the DJI app and after switching on the TX then the extender and then finally the quad and then waiting a few minutes, then going onto your phone and connecting your wifi to the phantom and then finally launching the DJI app, then you get the message Connection to phantom failed. That' right.

Is there any power to the gimbal, i believe there is a green light on it when it is powered on. Yes.

Also is there any lights on the extender, is it connecting to the wifi correcty, does the app show at the top (on Android not Iphone) connected to phantom_xxx. The light seems to indicate that the extender is working correctly.

Are you still able to actually start the quad motors by doing the CSC command.? Usually I can start the motors, but not always.

I can start and stop the motors, control the gimbal, but no WIFI. No stat info. The radar doesn't work. No feed back of any kind.
The system indicator light on the extender varies from solid to blinking to a flicker...I think the range extender is the culprit.
But...what to do?

bbfpv said:
Sounds like a fried wifi module in the bird.
That's what I thought too. I sent it back to the dealer...he hasn't gotten it yet.
But......It does send its SSID to my iphone. Repair guy asked if I could see the SSID, I didn't know what the heck that was so I said no. :roll:
I now think the problem lies with the bird its self.
As soon as the repair guy gets my WiFi extender, and tells me how wrong I was, I'm going to send the whole outfit to him. Get to the bottom of it.
Lastly, I want to thank you all for your reply's...much appreciated.

HD

aartsf said:
Maybe a stupid question, but is your wifi extender fully charged?
And Hot Dog,
Was your Wifi extender fully charged. I gues it was, but as you never did answer my question, you might have mist it.

denofr said:
What happened with this? I'm still in the same boat.
Dealer has range extender for testing. He hasn't gotten back to me yet.
If I were you, I would contact DJI support.
Please keep us informed of your efforts.
HD

Mine has started doing the same thing! Seems to have started ever since I did wifi upgrade!

I believe you can simply reset the RE and it goes back to factory settings

hot dog said:
denofr said:
What happened with this? I'm still in the same boat.
Dealer has range extender for testing. He hasn't gotten back to me yet.
If I were you, I would contact DJI support.
Please keep us informed of your efforts.
HD
The guy sent a new RE. Still won't connect to drone...I'm surprised that someone that has had this problem and fixed it hasn't chimed in with some advice....We need help here!
I'm going to try and contact DJI, should've done that in the first place, but the dealer wanted me to send it to him for service. We'll see.
More later...
HD

If it's not the extender what can it be? The answer would be obvious to someone who's knowledgeable about these things. This thread has gotten so long that a knowledgeable person probably wouldn't bother to wade through it.
I'm not even sure how WiFi works. What generates the WiFi signal?
HD

I'm not sure its the onboard Wifi module, because I am to connect to that network (FC200_) from my laptop and phone.

My RE was at 80% battery, so I'll try charging to 100% next. I wish there was a way to roll back the last RE update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 7.43.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 7.43.58 AM.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 356

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair