P2V+ won't hold GPS position anymore

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, great board!

My brother crashed our P2V+ into a tree branch and it fell straight down from a 15' height. Everything looked fine except the gimbal developed a "rough spot" in it (would hit its limit very early and error out on gimbal obstruction.
He bought a new gimbal and that works fine. However ever since the crash (new gimbal or old) the drone does not hold GPS position. It holds altitude, but wanders around like someone else is in control. In wind where it used to stay within a foot of its position, it now sometimes wanders 10 feet or more until I correct it.
I have calibrated everything 5 times, updated everything it would let me, etc.
It still wanders like it is in manual mode despite 7+ satellites and solid green lights.
Also, perhaps related, it now takes forever to find the minimum 6 satellites. Before it would find 9+ in less than 2 minutes, now it struggles to find 7 and takes 5 or more mins.

Is there another part that got broken in the crash I don't know about I should try replacing? Is it possible to replace the GPS?

TIA!

Bonus video for helping me out from before the drone broke
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBFpUHckLx0[/youtube]

Carefully remove the grey foam in the lid of the Phantom's shell and you'll find the GPS module. Unscrew and remove it and on the back side (the one facing the sky) you'll find the square ceramic GPS antenna, it takes up all of that side of the board.

Check that for cracks, and if you find any it'll need to be replaced. If your soldering skills are up to it, you can replace just the antenna for less than $10. If not, DJI sells the whole GPS module for ~$160

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers