P2V+ with Gopro, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

just spotted a brand new P2V+ for sale. It comes without the gimbal and camera, battery and charger. But for the rest it is complete.

Question, could I attach my Gopro H3+SE and use the P2V+ app as if it was a DJI camera? If yes, what do I need to make it work?

The price they ask is pretty tempting, if I can use the Gopro as alternative I may order it (in a heartbeat I think). :lol:

Thanks in advance, your answers might well lead to the purchase of yet another Phantom (or not).

Cheers
Jan

I don't need panning and tilting in the app, just the FPV and the telemetry.

Would the Gopro not simply connect to the video transmitter of the Vision+? Or is the system that proprietary that only the original P2V+ camera can transmit the video through the app?

I attached a picture of the quad without the gimbal. It is brand new and comes with full warranty.

Attachments

• 14_dji-phantom-2-vision-plus--camera-quadcopter-rtf.jpg
    14_dji-phantom-2-vision-plus--camera-quadcopter-rtf.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 430
Since nobody chimed in and I didn't want to end up with a dead end and I realised I wanted a 2,4 GHz system next to my FC40, I decided to go for a standard Phantom 2. I added a Fatshark Predator V2 and IOSD Mini, giving me a usable FPV range of 800m at he moment but with the panel antennas I ordered, I expect a range of at least 2km. I attached the Gopro with Velcro until my 2D gimbal has arrived and it works amazingly well.

I'm very happy I went for this setup!
Actually, thanks for not responding, it helped me to make the right decision. I guess P2V+ pilots are less 'under the hood' type of users (there are always exceptions off course) compared to P2 flyers. But that's what a P2 is all about after all, a platform to mod, while a P2V+ is a all in one RTF package that you don't want to mess with too much, totally understandable from my perspective. I however always want to mod everything to my own taste.

Cheers
Jan

It isn't that at all. Its that the question has been answered 1000+ times including just yesterday in another thread. You can add a GoPro & HD-3D to a P2V+ but you'll have no FPV or telemetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik