P2V WiFi system light not coming on, Help please

Reaction score
I did the range extender mod on my P2V. Everything went extremely smooth but when I powered it up, the system light isn't flashing. It also isn't showing on the phones wifi connection options as being detected.

Went in and disconnected the new external omni directional antenna I put on as the mod, connected the original internal antenna, powered it up, still no system light. The power light is lit up, no problem there.

Any suggestions? BTW, no static issues on the install.

Thank you,
Tom

Pull_Up said:
Have you got the aircraft powered up at the same time? If not, try that...

Yes, I've tried that. I've had the controller and the Phantom powered up at the same time. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a certain order in which you power them up. I'm still new to this.

The order doesn't really matter. As a measure of safety a good practice is to fire up phantom last.

Any chance you might have touched the antenna connector while powered on? I play with FM transmitters and that can be a huge problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[EDIT: Ignore this first bit, I misread iResq's post]I beg to differ, for safety it's best to fire up the controller first as it minimises risk of a powered up aircraft with no bound tx setting off due to interference, etc. Not so crucial in these digital days but it's still wise to practice tx on first followed by aircraft, then aircraft off first followed by tx...
[/edit. Left it in so people can see what can befall you if you speed read!]

In terms of order of all the bits I do tx, then extender, then app, then aircraft.

iResq said:
The order doesn't really matter. As a measure of safety a good practice is to fire up phantom last.

Any chance you might have touched the antenna connector while powered on? I play with FM transmitters and that can be a huge problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No, I didn't power it back on until I had it all closed up again. I was very careful concerning that and any static electricity. Thank you though.

Have you tried resetting and rebinding the range extender? Details in the manual...

After that I'm struggling to come up with something other than you might have damaged something with the installation. Quite a few places stock replacement range extenders now, though... They are going for around $99.

Pull_Up said:
I beg to differ, for safety it's best to fire up the controller first as it minimises risk of a powered up aircraft with no bound tx setting off due to interference, etc. Not so crucial in these digital days but it's still wise to practice tx on first followed by aircraft, then aircraft off first followed by tx...

In terms of order of all the bits I do tx, then extender, then app, then aircraft.

I agree... What happens if the P2V is sitting there with no connection to the transmitter? Might it initiate RTH? If so... Unless your ceiling is 61feet higher than the current location of your Phantom... It might be a problem. :eek: :shock:

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
I beg to differ, for safety it's best to fire up the controller first as it minimises risk of a powered up aircraft with no bound tx setting off due to interference, etc. Not so crucial in these digital days but it's still wise to practice tx on first followed by aircraft, then aircraft off first followed by tx...

uhhh that's exactly what he said. Turning on the phantom last is the same as turning on the transmitter first....

Pull_Up said:
You are quite right, and I'm sorry. I misread "last" as "first". Apologies to iResq and thanks to myvodrocks for pointing out the error.

And I apologize to you all for agreeing with Simon... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Have you tried resetting and rebinding the range extender? Details in the manual...

After that I'm struggling to come up with something other than you might have damaged something with the installation. Quite a few places stock replacement range extenders now, though... They are going for around $99.

I've tried to rebind but when I hit bind on the application settings page I get the message "Bind Get repeater info failed". The mod install went so easy I can't think of anything that might have gone wrong. I'm trying to run the battery all the way down now and then recharge it to see if that reboots something. I may have to pay $99 in "stupid tax".

Pull_Up said:
When you did the mod did you remove the board or drill the hole with it in situ? Any foreign object damage? I'm scratching around here for reasons, rather than cures, as it seems it might be a bit bricked. :(

I drilled it with the board in it. Started with a small bit and worked my way up to the proper fit size. Never touched the board. Maybe the cordless drill affected something through the bit? I'm reaching for straws here.

Could you figure this out?

I have the exact same problem: after I drilled a hole on the repeater, the system LED won't blink or light at all and the wifi network is not listed any longer :cry:

I had to buy a new repeater unfortunately. :evil:

xitake said:
Could you figure this out?

I have the exact same problem: after I drilled a hole on the repeater, the system LED won't blink or light at all and the wifi network is not listed any longer :cry:

I did the same thing I could have swore I didn't touch anything on the board then come to find out I was missing the pin #211
Check if that pin is missing or messed up

I had the exact same problem. However, I know that i caused it because as i drilled i nicked the circuit board just SLIGHTLY and it was enough to take it out. :oops:

I fixed it by buying a new extender and then removing the board completely before I drilled.

Hopefully your issue is something different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik