p2v+ v3 wont fire up.

Reaction score
Hi all,

new here but have completed c.100 flights with my phantom 2 vision before upgrading to vision + v3 bought from buzzflyer in uk.

have completed about 20 flights with vision plus all without bother (only pilot error) certainly without crash or hard landing (always hand caught)

today whilst out shooting some visoe for a friend i did my usual routine:

quad, controller + battery out of box and box shut.

placed quad on box (safe take off spot) and carefully as ever inserted freshly charged battery. secured 12 x gps sats, was happy with environment etc, off we go.... NOTHING!

The quad with both sticks pulled to inner bottom to turn on would not fire up, and flashed the green GPS OK lights red rapidly, 3-5 times.

typical thing, battery out, back in... same problem. have visually checked connections, and cleaned connections.

note. this same thing happened with 3 batteries. 1 battery actually allowed me to fly for 10 mins then when re-setting up in a new location wouldn't have any of it!!

slight problem, i'm flying on friday to australia where i'm helping film my brothers wedding!!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie

The only time my drone wouldn't fire up was when the internal receiver inside the drone failed. I first replaced the RC unit (wanted the new LiPo one anyway) but that didn't help. In fairness to DJI it failed when the drone was in the middle of some intense fireworks.

I replaced this part:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K7V ... UTF8&psc=1

No idea if that's your problem or not but after I replaced mine all was well again.

Are there any airports in the area? Civilian, military? It won't let you take off if you're in a no-fly zone.

BioTeq said:
Are there any airports in the area? Civilian, military? It won't let you take off if you're in a no-fly zone.

good thought but no, probably in the remotest location in a decent rural area, nearest house +1 mile away, nearest airport 15+ miles away. have flown at the same location 5 flights atleast including yday when this fault appeared!

What lights are you seeing?
What does the phantom assist say when you plug it in.
Are you in mode 2?
Is the gps cable plugged in firm? No gps module, no start.
Does the sticks move to the 1000 position in all directions?
Do you have yaw modes?
Have you bound the controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers