P2V Tipping over on Landing or take off

Reaction score
I've read a few posts where the AUV has tipped over on landing/take off. Is this in a fore or aft direction as the landing gear seems more unstable in those directions? If so, I'm thinking of fixing a couple of small diameter pvc tubes across the base to make a square and glue a 2-3cm stub in the centre of each pointing outwards.

If it's calibrated correctly, on level ground and all the props are in good condition then it shouldn't tip. Some people have reported tipping when trying to use the CSC stick movements to cut the motors on landing. If you simply hold the throttle fully down for a couple of seconds the motors will stop without you having to put any right-stick input at all.

Where people have been having tip-overs on take-off it's more than likely been because they were being too gentle with the throttle - you want to get out of the propwash and ground effect as quickly as possible, so give a positive throttle up and you'll be fine.

I've never had any tipping issue on either take-off or landing and the Vision sits nicely on level(ish) ground for me.

I am very new to this and after about 30 takeoffs...and, fortunately, an equal number of landings...I've had zero problems with any sort of 'bobbles' at either end. I apply enough 'stick' to see that the Phantom is just starting to generate a bit of thrust...then steadily increase the speed and enjoy the smooth take-off..!

I agree about the landing technique as well....I bring the Phantom down to a few feet above ground, then ease it down the last few inches...as soon as the legs are stable, I pull the left stick all the way down. The motors will lose power almost immediately and the Phantom will come to a complete stop. I've never tried the CSC shutdown at landing time, and don't see the need when this is such a simple thing to do..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub