P2V+ started to circle and loose altitude

Reaction score
Today I had an interesting flight. Took of in ATTI mode and hovered above to get GPS lock and it did lock and flash to say home set, and switch to GPS mode and all ok.

Did might job and was doing the last shots as the phantom started to circle a made up point some 140 meters away and maybe 70 meters up, lost visual and video after awhile so tried to climb to get video back and did and saw I had 9sats and still going all over the place so left GPS and switched to ATTI mode and tried to figure out where I was so tilted camera down and tried to turn it was higher by now between 100m-140m still wobbling all over the place.

Pointed it the right way finally and tried to bring it back it came but dropped altitude to fast and come in to hot and tried failsafe and so my relief it almost bounced and stopped and them started to come home. Decent was un eventful and when it came close down i landed in ATTI mode on my case again.

Tried it later and had one more incident but I got that down again.

Tried later again over wide spaced area and tried to push it but now problems except for what did to it landed perfect in a hangar in ATTI mode again. Strange day

Phantom on latest FW and so is controller.
Using an iPhone 5S
And in naza mode.
No prop guards and compass calibrated before all flights but the last.

Have been flying with it in cargo hold in a proper case for it but who knows.

Just wanted to say something about it.
Love it to bits, brilliant piece of machinery!

Can't share any videos of it before getting permission.

Can't wait until the "black box feature" arrives

Re: P2V+ started to circle and loose altitude

ORPER said:
Today I had an interesting flight. Took of in ATTI mode and hovered above to get GPS lock and it did lock and flash to say home set, and switch to GPS mode and all ok.

Did might job and was doing the last shots as the phantom started to circle a made up point some 140 meters away and maybe 70 meters up, lost visual and video after awhile so tried to climb to get video back and did and saw I had 9sats and still going all over the place so left GPS and switched to ATTI mode and tried to figure out where I was so tilted camera down and tried to turn it was higher by now between 100m-140m still wobbling all over the place.

Pointed it the right way finally and tried to bring it back it came but dropped altitude to fast and come in to hot and tried failsafe and so my relief it almost bounced and stopped and them started to come home. Decent was un eventful and when it came close down i landed in ATTI mode on my case again.

Tried it later and had one more incident but I got that down again.

Tried later again over wide spaced area and tried to push it but now problems except for what did to it landed perfect in a hangar in ATTI mode again. Strange day

Phantom on latest FW and so is controller.
Using an iPhone 5S
And in naza mode.
No prop guards and compass calibrated before all flights but the last.

Have been flying with it in cargo hold in a proper case for it but who knows.

Just wanted to say something about it.
Love it to bits, brilliant piece of machinery!

Can't share any videos of it before getting permission.

Can't wait until the "black box feature" arrives

If your Phantom is ever having weird flight patterns, or doing things you tell it to not - LAND and do a compass calibration. This small step will literally save your Phantom. Flying these things is not a joke, gladly you weren't over people...(presumably).
Plug it in to your computer and do an Advanced Calibration now that it has had so many crashes...

Im convinced mine going tru an xray sent it crazy, dji had just done some major work on it, fixed her up, test flew and then sent her home to me with all the test reports. I took it out for its first flight and it was all over the place, calibrated first, couldnt get sat lock so tried taking her up in atti mode and she flew in all directions by itself at a hover of 15ft, brought it down straight away, compass calibrated again got the same results so got it home and connected it to the laptop, the compas readings were up around 4500 where they should be between 1200-1800. Basic and advanced calibrations did nothing so I had to do the magnet trick on the compass as a last resort and that sorted it straight away. Let me know if you get the same sort of compass readings.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Let me know if you get the same sort of compass readings.

Case with the P2V+ have now gone through 4 x-rays machines and been in both cabin and cargo and this is my readings.
Have screenshots from all parts of the Phantom Program if anyone want to see what the other settings are.

The top part of one photo taken during the strange behavior.

Attachments

• Readings.jpg
    Readings.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 376
  • Toppart.jpg
    Toppart.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 407

All your mod values are perfect. One thing I always do is get my home lock on the ground, I never fly up and get a home lock in the air or I never try mark a new home lock somewhere else after turning it on. I'll turn off the battery and then turn on again to mark a new homepoint, thats just me, I dont like to confuse the phantom too much. Pity you weren't videoing. I'll think some more about it.

Cant agree with Nintendrone64 anymore,

First sign of trouble, GET HER DOWN ASAP. I'd prefer to get her down Into a tree rather than seeing it keep flying off. After my initial few weeks of flying where I pushed it to its limits, I now no longer have a need to fly it more than 100m away and 70m up. Its used solely as my flying camera and I get house shots well within thos distances.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers