P2V PV330 Channel 7

Reaction score
Hi all

I picked up a new (ie old but never used) P2V. It's a PV330
firmware is all current.
I also found a 2-axis gimbal that takes the FC200 egg. It's configurable via Simplebgc and has a pitch control wire to connect to the Naza.
I'm reading around but getting conflicting answers: Can the gimbal be controlled through the vision app, same as the stock P2V gimbal? Does this newer firmware allow using the 7th channel via a lever in the back of the TX?

thanks guys!

Hello
The answer is yes,
Gimbal pitch control from naza-m ( F2 port ) BOTTOM PIN ( top 2 pins are POSITIVE & NEGATIVE power leads, only need the bottom pitch pin.
( phantom must be opened to access naza unit, or jumper wire needs to be constructed ( from servo pitch wire to new gimbal )
This takes care of pitch control

Power
You can solder to mainboard power terminals ( VCC POSITIVE, NEG NEGATIVE )
OR GIMBAL MIGHT COME WITH A MAGIC WIRE TO jump power from white camera wire ( bottom of vision craft looks like a headphone jack ) this is a better route than soldering.

7th channel mod
You'll need to hook Tx to RC ASSISTANT, calibrate both sticks, toggles, and 7th channel,
Next hook bird to PC ASSISTANT, under BASIC TAB, then RC TAB, calibrate Tx again CHOOSING " UPGRADE CONTROLLER " to enable 7th channel,

That is it!
J Dot

Please see my complete mods list with tips and tricks, for a complete breakdown of China gimbals, and hookups with pictures, might help you out! It is in the p2v forum under mods I believe. Might be help or discussion? Can't remember? But it's there just search my name ( j Dot )
Good luck!

Reactions: PaulSouthport
Good luck with it,
Those gimbals are a LOT of fun,
If you ever want to upgrade ( rotorpixel, makes a great gimbal! )
But pricey!

When you receive gimbal,
Shoot me PM and I'd be happy to help along the way!

J Dot
:cool:

Hi
I got the gimbal. It's a GLB fc200 style using simplebgc
First flight it shakes like crazy on the yaw axis, shaking the quad visibly and audibly.
Dampers? Should I stiffen them up?

Yes
I ordered a set of 4 different sets in one ( ZENMUSE gimbal ball sets ( 4 sets 20', 30', 40', and 50' if I'm not mistaken? ) I used the black 30's! They work well, and don't forget anti drop pins as well, as the gimbal is quite a bit heavier, and can pop off easily, and fall to the ground! ( I found this out the HARD WAY! Destroyed my first gimbal and fc200 camera, BUMMER!
Only need 2 drop pins ( opposite corners )

J Dot
:cool:

Ok thanks, I'll try different dampers. I put loose zip ties through 2 of the dampers to catch a drop.
Despite the shake the gimbal performs pretty good in pitch and roll, I need to speed up the tilt response a bit, and I've ordered some longer legs.
Was lucky with this one, it does have the power tap from the camera plug and I cobbled a plug onto the existing pitch control lead so didn't need to open the shell.
I didn't time the flight but it feels like battery use is significantly higher, but still, worth the price

Time to kick myself:
I modded the dampers by adding rubber inside them and adding loose zips to each, all feels a lot more robust.
I then tried to adjust the RC pitch control angles and speed. Spent the next 4 hours trying to get rid of a constant pitch twitch and no RC tilt control. Nothing fixed it, not even loading my saved good profile.

Then, duh, checked the pitch motor connection to the board - loose!

AArgh! All good again ;)

I had some shakes with my 2d gimbal, I rolled up those little foam ear protectors and pushed them into the rubber balls and it made it much smoother, those plugs do work loose over time so check them before each flight. I've had a couple of these gimbals ( destroyed one in a crash) if you ever need spare parts you can buy one of those cheap Chinese GoPro ones, only difference is the 2 arms that hold the motors are slightly longer to take into account the larger rotation area needed for the egg camera.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good idea. I used some spare white dampers cut in half and rolled up, with slightly different amounts front and back to (theoretically) stop harmonics. Wasn't able to test today - it's blowing 25+ mph here.

Thanks for the tip on spares, I figured they were pretty generic

Not bad at all. I was looking for shaking of any type but couldn't see any, I didn't watch all the video as 14 minutes is way to long for a video that concentrates on the one area, at least you know how much battery life you get though lol.

The area looks like Ainsdale or is it more the town end ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes it's pretty good, a little side to side nod at speed.

I keep meaning to edit my vids, promise I will in future!

It's Crosby where the iron men statues are, although I do fly at Ainsdale more often

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj