P2V+ problem!

Reaction score
Hi i have a Phantom 2 vision plus V3 that i bought recently and currently own many more Dji products. This one has a problem Ive never seen before and i was wondering if someone has had this. Sometimes it looses connection to the transmitter and the lights flash yellow and i can not control it. after this happens, it still does it even if i turn it on and off and SOMETIMES will get connection at the beginning but looses it shortly after startup or during a flight! i have only had 1 flight that it actually kept connection. Ive rebound it, and updated it to the 3.14 firmware. nothing works. I also checked to see if it was the receiver and still had the same issue and its not even the IMU because i swapped that also out of another phantom i have. could it possibly be the main board? Any help would be appreciated! I would rather not send it into Dji.

Last edited:
Do you have access to another controller? If so you can bind another controller and see if it fixes it. If not then it's in the Phantom itself and either in the receiver or the main board. Going to be trial and error to isolate it. The main boards run around $60. Naza modules around $90 on eBay. Can catch em a little cheaper once in a while.

Last edited:
Did you buy this P2 new... Have you had a crash since purchase or before the problem?
Used... If used did it ever work properly?

Terminology is important.

The 5.8GHz receiver and the NAZA module are two different items.
The Naza is the Master Controller and contains the IMU.
The receiver's function is a bit more straightforward.

Replacing the Naza will not help with a receiver issue. Since you replaced the Naza (is this what you caled the IMU?)
and the problem still exists this makes it still a possibility that you have a receiver issue.
It could also be a problem with the controller as well as RoyVa mentioned.

It's important you tell us more about the history of this quad to help better evaluate possibilities.

Do you have access to another controller? If so you can bind another controller and see if it fixes it. If not then it's in the Phantom itself and either in the receiver ( Naza module) or the main board. Going to be trial and error to isolate it. The main boards run around $60. Naza modules around $90 on eBay. Can catch em a little cheaper once in a while.

Did you buy this P2 new... Have you had a crash since purchase or before the problem?
Used... If used did it ever work properly?

Terminology is important.

The 5.8GHz receiver and the NAZA module are two different items.
The Naza is the Master Controller and contains the IMU.
The receiver's function is a bit more straightforward.

Replacing the Naza will not help with a receiver issue. Since you replaced the Naza (is this what you caled the IMU?)
and the problem still exists this makes it still a possibility that you have a receiver issue.
It could also be a problem with the controller as well as RoyVa mentioned.

It's important you tell us more about the history of this quad to help better evaluate possibilities.
The Phantom is new. Zero crashes. it never really worked properly except for one flight. I am sorry i meant the NAZA not IMU. I have tried another NAZA of the same model and no luck. also have tried another 5.8 reciever and Transmitter with no luck. is it worth replacing the main board instead of sending it in?

Also something odd, if i let the phantom sit for a while it will actually connect for a few mins then lose it! what could this be? Is the main board the only thing left it could be?

Plug it into the phantom assist and check the controls again. I can only take a stab.. Could be:
1. Bad sticks - recalibrate them in RC and Phantom assist.
2. Bad S1 or S2 switch causing it go into HL/CL/Failsafe etc. Look in the Phantom assist and make sure the switches are registering.
3. Bad Receiver board. This board gets crushed/damaged on impact.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20