P2V+ Owners in Des Moines, IA

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks... I want to elist a local P2V+ owner in Des MOines, IA.
If you happen to be on the west side of town id love for you to stop by or I can come to you as well. I need/want to compare satellites with you.
DJI is telling me to return it to amazon, but as far as i know, putting foil tape in the shell voids warranty right?
thanks in advance.

dunginhawk said:
Good afternoon folks... I want to elist a local P2V+ owner in Des MOines, IA.
If you happen to be on the west side of town id love for you to stop by or I can come to you as well. I need/want to compare satellites with you.
DJI is telling me to return it to amazon, but as far as i know, putting foil tape in the shell voids warranty right?
thanks in advance.

I am between Johnston and Ankeny near the dam.

I am running the foil mod on mine and there is a thread on here about DJI somewhat endorsing this practice with foil. You are welcome to come over and compare with mine if you like.

Ive been watching your vimeo videos on the range extender mods :) i am looking at getting stage 2 set. you get great range from up there on the damm.
i may take you up on that.. thank you.

dunginhawk said:
Ive been watching your vimeo videos on the range extender mods :) i am looking at getting stage 2 set. you get great range from up there on the damm.
i may take you up on that.. thank you.

OK drop me a PM with your email and we will get hooked up that way.

really wonder if i should just try to return this and get a new one first... seems like that would be the smartest way . hmmmm

dunginhawk said:
really wonder if i should just try to return this and get a new one first... seems like that would be the smartest way . hmmmm

You can always peel the tape off before sending it back. Not a big deal. I have left over tape on my roll that you are welcome to have.

DJI sent me a replacement Phantom as the first one had wires pulled out of Camera when I opened the box. They told me to go ahead and fly it. I did and I flew it like I stole it. Was great to learn on.

The replacement did not lock satellites as fast or as many. I did the mod and instant change. Most my videos show satellite count so judge for yourself. You can see it power on including the satellites on the ground and in air.

so im seeing 7 or so satellites now on the ground, and maybe 8 in the air...
you are seeing 7 on the main FPVLR video. so perhaps thats just what we get here in iowa haha... perhaps i should shut up and accept it

Most the time I have 8-12 with video running. I might take off with 6 or 7 and watch it to make sure it picks up a couple more before its far away.. I rarely fly shorter distances than 3000' so always want good satellite.

Looking at my few last runs I posted. First number is taking off or just above me. And then what it was with decent elevation

8 up to 13
8 up to 12
6 up to 7 <<<< unusual and not sure what I was thinking as that was a 9998' run. LOL Bad sat timing for sure :)
9 up to 11
7 up to 10
8 up to 11
13 stayed at 13
7 up to 12

Yeah i just put it all back together and didnt get even 6 until well after takeoff... I have NEVER seen 11, ive never seen more than 9 i dont think...and that is VERY rare... im flying around at 6-7 all the time and it scares the poo out of me.

I should definately come up there see what i can get.

dirkclod said:
Where your video,s ?

You don't think I would share with a crazy person like you ? LOL you are as CWAZY as me.

Here is a start Dirk. My best Stage 2 run.

[vimeo]106382668[/vimeo]

And my favorite video from same location

[vimeo]105481402[/vimeo]

You know I would not call just anyone CWAZY unless they had testicles hanging from their Phantom.

And blue no less!

I'm in Grimes, so if you need any more help......

after some circumstances of the evening i decided to just return it and get it replaced... so im RMAing one, and just bought another.. should be here thursday :)

Ya know..... there is a dealer right here in town...........

actually i did not ... who sells them in town sparky? i looked everywhere... if its a dealer, it isnt posted on DJIs site.

and how is their service?

Christian Photo on Douglas. Super service. Talk to Duane.... he's the guru there, although most there know a bit about 'em too.

DJI has 'em listed in Milwaukee. They can't seem to correct it.

cool..i had no idea... that makes me happy.. except the 100$ in sales tax im going to get hit with... that doesnt make me at all happy.
i cancelled my amazon order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers