P2V OSD Module

Reaction score
Greetings Phantom Pilots:
I have a two-year-old P2V on which the OSD has failed. All the flight controls work perfectly, and it still takes excellent video and still images. I just can't see what I'm shooting. I'm running the latest firmware. I sent it to the shop from which I purchased it and their tech came back with the vague diagnosis that the camera needed to be replaced. That's some $450, when I think all I need is the OSD module.
My question: How might I confirm that it's the OSD module? Can I buy and replace myself? Is there an alternative to the OEM part?
I have middling skills when it comes to soldering tiny sensitive parts.
Thanks so much for helping me out. I hope I'm posting to the right discussion.
JS

Greetings Phantom Pilots:
I have a two-year-old P2V on which the OSD has failed. All the flight controls work perfectly, and it still takes excellent video and still images. I just can't see what I'm shooting. I'm running the latest firmware. I sent it to the shop from which I purchased it and their tech came back with the vague diagnosis that the camera needed to be replaced. That's some $450, when I think all I need is the OSD module.
My question: How might I confirm that it's the OSD module? Can I buy and replace myself? Is there an alternative to the OEM part?
I have middling skills when it comes to soldering tiny sensitive parts.
Thanks so much for helping me out. I hope I'm posting to the right discussion.
JS

Have you gotten your P2 back from the shop? If so remove the camera from the P2 and shoot some video footage with it to see if it is recording. By the way which GoPro do you have? Sounds like they haven't a clue.

Have you gotten your P2 back from the shop? If so remove the camera from the P2 and shoot some video footage with it to see if it is recording. By the way which GoPro do you have? Sounds like they haven't a clue.
Thanks Jason, I haven't got the bird back yet. The camera works fine. It's a P2V with the DJI "golf ball" camera, so there's not much more I can do to test it - other than to open the camera up.
I share your sense that the repair shop didn't know what they were doing, or didn't want to put a lot of effort into a discontinued model. They told me that "DJI has recently informed us not to open up any camera in attempt to repair/replace a component inside."
All in all, not very helpful.

You have the P2V and are posting in the wrong forum. To answer your question the issue may lie with the crappy DJI app go to the play store and download Litchi for P2, try that and see if the issue fixed, if not then make sure the White cable is inserted properly. Then rebind the Range extender to the camera again. Failing that post in the P2V forum for more help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj