P2V not stable

Reaction score
Took a couple of rough landings at the Grand Canyon. Actually it took off and landed on a cliff. After a couple hours of climbing different routes to retrieve it I got it. Nervous to try again till I got home in Washington state. Put new props on recal the gps and tried it. It would hover but start to go on its own, never felt I could trust it. Upgraded software today hoping that will take care of it. Will try it this evening when I get home. Any ideas why it would act so irrational?

Yep, checked the calibration. It said it didn't need it. Yes I calibrated the compass. Flew it this afternoon. Seemed to be a lot better. Still have to build my confidence up again. When I let go of the sticks it seems to meander a little but not as bad.

Furb said:
Yep, checked the calibration. It said it didn't need it. Yes I calibrated the compass. Flew it this afternoon. Seemed to be a lot better. Still have to build my confidence up again. When I let go of the sticks it seems to meander a little but not as bad.

Normal for it to hover within a ~4-6 foot radius.

After re cal the phantom things are more stable. I learned how to recal the controller by taking it apart to plug USB in. Tried everything this morning before the rain hit and all seems well. Did get some video of the red rocks in Sadona. My videos are in Dropbox. Not sure how to attach here. Can send to you directly if you wish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues