P2V+ no telemetry

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I bought 2 X P2V+ both of which had been pranged a bit, to build up one flying unit.
It now fly's great and the camera and FPV is working fine. However I get no telemetry or ability to be able to use waypoints.
All cables have been replaced, changed both the flight controller and wifi module, but am not sure where the telemetry comes from? I'm wondering whether the main board in the gimbal is the culprit?
I do have another board being what's left over from another gimbal, but am hesitant in pulling the gimbal apart unless I have to.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

The telemetry data and the video comes from the wifi transmitter in the quad. The Tx has two board in it, ones the video and the other the telementry data. Most instances the video feed is what fails.That data is fed theought the camera so there can be a failure there. Check the three cables going to the gimbal and make sure they are tight and no loose pins. Gina take same diagnostics to find where the problem is. Sounds like you have some parts you can swap,out and try. Good luck!

Definitely no loose cables and they've all been replaced anyway, that was the first thing I checked. Thanks so much for your prompt reply Roy, maybe the second wifi transmitter has the same problem as the first. Possibly something i'll have to live with till the next pension cheque comes in. Oh! the joys of being an old pensioner with young at heart interests?.

If two wifi transmitters are both not giving you telementry data I would suspect the problem is not in the TX unit but else where. Since you have replaced the cables and you are getting video feed that's saying the wifi extender and the Tx unit in the Phantom are probably ok. Kind of points towards the Camera itself. Have you done or checked the camera firmware to see that it is the latest version. You can update it using a blank SD card and the file is available on DJI web download section. Might give that a try.

Thanks Roy, i'll check that immediately after Christmas, and if no success i'll replace the pcb in the gimbal and hope that the spare board is ok.
Enjoy your festive season and i'll let you know how I go with the repairs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl