P2v + no live feed, any other wireless work around

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the forum, if I am repeating the same question please guide me to the earlier post. thanks!!

I get telemetry but no live feed. I hear lot of members saying the gimbal board is bad, but I dont think so.

I have already fried two wifi units of P2V+, there is something really wrong with the bird's architecture.
Now I do not have the $$$ or the patience to change another unit. I rather buy a new drone.

So my question is... has anyone tried to use FATshark or ImmersionRc TX RX unit (2.4ghz) to replace the P2V+ wifi unit to get telemetry and FPV? Is it even possible? If yes, can someone guide me how to?

thank you!!

my phantom 2 vision plus redy for fly with live view

thanks for the post.

My question was - can we entirely get rid of the DJI wifi unit and replace with generic off the shelf RX/TX like Fatshark and immersionRC?

Sooner or later we will not be able to buy the wifi units, it would be great if we have a work around using generic parts.

Fried? What happened? Do you sell them?

the wifi unit went bad, the black capacitor or whatever was completely swelled. i guess it failed coz of heat. I also tried to flash the same, but without luck. The soldering of terminals has to be done very carefully. The parts are so fragile that the solder can actually rip the connectors. I damaged one just doing that. The other one was just not responding.

Trashed them both.

I want to use a generic tx/rx on the bird and try to salvage it. The DJI wifi unit is a piece of junk!!

The Wifi unit has failed completely. I just want to get rid of it.

Also, I tried removing all the cables for camera/gimbal (with the wifi unit removed). the bird doesn't start up.

So the question is can I fly the bird without the camera and gimbal? I have see some threads on the forum saying we can, but once the gimbal is disconnected, the bird doesn't start up. So technically we can't fly without it. Unless I am doing something wrong. Below is my current setup. The top cover has the plug for GPS (i guess), that needs to be connected as well to turn on.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member