P2V no fpv but records and have control

Reaction score
This may be a repeat topic but I haven't found a solution. I have a P2V that has lost its fpv without warning. It flies fine - just no fpv. If I press the record video button while flying it will record (or takes pics). I have checked and tried rebinding - didnt help. I have just replaced the re500 repeater with a new one = SAME PROBLEM. Tried Litchi - no help. Reinstalled app. same symtpoms.. Anyone found a solution or having this problem? I've seen lots of comments on the DJI vision pp saying they are having similar problems- but no solutions. Not a brick since the new one didn't help right? Thx in advance..

Hi yes I had the same trouble, turned out to be the WiFi module that over heats and fails. DJI did have a retro fit but I had it done in the UK by Drone Doctors in Brighton. Would recommend the. Good look Bob

Hi Bob, that was with the P2V PLUS tho correct? I have the P2V and the board looks different (has orange markings)... Thx

You have a good point there, I understand the P2 vision + v3 ( like mine) was totally different inside but I am from the old school mechanical engineering back ground that why I sent it to those that can and did fix it after flashing all the camra software, even cleaning the connections from body to camra (I've heard just pushing them home works some times).
Although it does sound exactly as mine went, some times FPV with iPhone and my galaxy tab worked immediately but then eventually stoping altogether.
Best of luck Bob

Gonna ask, have you updated the camera firmware to 1.19 ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi yes the upgrade was done when the WiFi module was replaced after I lost FPV by a DJI repair shop in uk. Any history of probs with that up grade?

Nope, not on mine, chances are the camera is broken, there are 4 separate boards inside the camera, one of them must be the cause, on saying that it could also be the White cable, take off the lid and disconnect it and check that all 4 pins on the gold plug go back to the molex connector

I'm having similar issues, my vision app won't even connect to the camera for more than 30 seconds before disconnecting, have rolled back the vision app to 48 but still the same issue!

Are you on android ? Try setting to airplane mode and turning on wifi only. Works for both android and iOS

So, I'm convinced the camera is mostly likely the culprit. Advice please... Thinking of buying a used p2v for roughly $450 as oppesed to getting a replacement camera for roughly $300. For the extra $150 I'd have spare parts AND a working camera. Any thoughts?

I had my phantom 2 vision stored for about 8 months, prior to this it worked perfect. Everything worked and it connected to my iPhone with no issue. I took it out two weeks ago, updated all the firmware and my vision app had already updated itself to 1.0.56.! Now it flys but no matter what I do it will not connect to my vision app for more than thirty seconds before connection is lost, it's always says 'connection to phantom failed'. I've read many posts on this and ran absolutely every diagnostic solution I can based on people's related problems and solution to no avail. This has to be some sort of software issue, either with the firmware updates or the bison app. It's pretty poor show that dji haven't came up with a solution. And it's more than frustrating when people post an obvious solutions to you that you've quite clearly tried! People than have these things are generally knowledgable in the way they work!

Hi all, as Gavin says there are many reasons that FPV fails but after I tried them all it boiled down to that DJI made a "**** up" with the WiFi module in the P2 etc etc in the first place, with it being prone to over heat, that is due to lack of air flow and or the heat sink failure. I think It started on my P2 vision+ V3 when I was down loading video via WiFi, so the Phantom sat with all the electronics "hot" and with props removed ( always a good thing) with no air flow over the vents. I've heard that some failed due to age/use, I only found out about all this from this Phantom Pilots forum and was confirmed by the guys at Drone Doctor in Brighton UK who replace the module with a upgraded version ( more vent holes and heat sink paste) and is working fine. Happy flying all -- Bob

Hi Bob, it's pretty poor show that these weren't recalled by DJI really but after the warranty has expired I'm sure they wipe their hands clean of it. Have emailed drone doctors myself and will drop it off to them this week and hopefully they can track the fault, should it be a heat sink problem hopefully I'll be back in the air next week or alternatively going out behind the wife's back and buying a Phantom 4! Uh oh!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

All the best Gavin, they will contact you with a quote and as with me a list of work and tests done. Give my regards to Chris and the other "Doctors".
Bob

PS Well - the P4 looks similar to ours., as long as "she" doesn't see yr credit card statement!!!!

So, I'm convinced the camera is mostly likely the culprit. Advice please... Thinking of buying a used p2v for roughly $450 as oppesed to getting a replacement camera for roughly $300. For the extra $150 I'd have spare parts AND a working camera. Any thoughts?
$300 is way too much. I've seen used FC200s go for $90 on eBay. Don't pay more than $150 and try to pay closer to $100 for a good used FC200 camera.

Yeah. Make this guy an offer for $100. See what happens.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision FC 200 Camera Unit (Part 14) For Phantom 2 Vision

Marknmd, are you sure this is your camera causing the issue? Everything else read has pointed towards the onboard wifi module that is the issue. These are very difficult to source now see DJI don't make them any more, I've had a pretty tough job getting hold of a replacement but have yet to fit it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik