P2V+ No Canbus for 2.4ghz datalink ground station install

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where can I find the CANBUS on P2V+, I want to install the 2.4ghz datalink ground station and I dont find where to connect it. Usually they come in one of the legs, not in this case, or is there any other way to install it?

Re: P2V+ No Canbus for 2.4ghz datalink ground station instal

The CANBUS port is found on the main board, it is a white 4pin connector with the label "CAN".

You will either have to modify the cable from the DATA link or buy the external CANBUS port and connect that to the internal CAN port on the main board.

There is a very in depth thread on how to do the cable mod and connect the DATA Link to the Vision Plus.

Buy the external CANBUS port, that's the cleanest install. I've done this myself and it works perfectly fine. To limit the impact of interference with the 2.4 video feed I've followed the guidance on phantommods.info and installed WebUI on my repeater and on the Phantom so that I can change the channel the video feed is using. It's worked fine for me so far although I haven't done much with iPad ground station other then a couple tests.

varmint said:
How is it that the 2.4Ghz video feed on the Vision and Vision + plays nice with the 2.4Ghz data link?

As the phantom uses mostly channel 1 ( ones seen it used channel 11 ) and the videodownlink set on channel 14 ( upper channel ) the chance of them interfering is minimal. But a other device ( unknown ) using channel 14 or 1 could still cause issue's. The 5.8Ghz band is not commonly used ( yet ) so the chance of any interference on that is much less.

job2310 said:
Buy the external CANBUS port, that's the cleanest install. I've done this myself and it works perfectly fine. To limit the impact of interference with the 2.4 video feed I've followed the guidance on phantommods.info and installed WebUI on my repeater and on the Phantom so that I can change the channel the video feed is using. It's worked fine for me so far although I haven't done much with iPad ground station other then a couple tests.

Thanks, I've been searching tor the external CANBUS port, and I cant find it, do you have an idea where to find it?

This is what you need http://www.uavdirect.com/Phantom-2-CAN- ... canmod.htm you can simply unscrew it from the spare leg and put it on your pv2+ and attach the can-bus cable to the main board where is says "CAN"

ToThePoint said:
varmint said:
How is it that the 2.4Ghz video feed on the Vision and Vision + plays nice with the 2.4Ghz data link?

As the phantom uses mostly channel 1 ( ones seen it used channel 11 ) and the videodownlink set on channel 14 ( upper channel ) the chance of them interfering is minimal. But a other device ( unknown ) using channel 14 or 1 could still cause issue's. The 5.8Ghz band is not commonly used ( yet ) so the chance of any interference on that is much less.

Is the videodownlink set on channel 14 or does it search in the unlicensed portion of 2.4Ghz looking for the best signal? I can't find anything documented that talks about which channel the video link is set on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20