P2v+ no camera

Reaction score
Hi, recently scraped the whole camera and gimbals off the p2 during a crash, camera totalled, but the p2 seems undamaged. (Motors start)
My question is if I can fly using the Vision app for telemetry. I have reinstalled Vision and Assistant and calibrated tx imu etc. I cant get the compass calibrated and there is a disconnected notice in go.
I have completed rebinding everything and can connect to wifi
Any help would be great
Cheers
Brian

Brian, without the camera and gimbal you won't get any telementry data without doing some internal rewiring. The telementry data and sent through the camera and gimbal wiring. The disconnect notice is due to no wifi connection telling you it is disconnected. The compass calibration is separate from the other functions and is a separate problem. If you removed the camera and gimbel did you pull out the wiring. The compass is attached to one of the legs and that wiring must be intact.

With no camera to get telementry :
And in regards to internal wiring, its very simple provided you can open her up.
Look for the wifi module - its a rectangular metal box. On the wifi module is 3 cables. Find the widest cable and leave that plugged in and take the other end and plug it into the CAM port on the main board (unplug the existing cable that is in the CAM port). This will power the module and give you telemetry and radar, enough for data for flying. This works with android.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your fast reply. This lets me use the wounded p2v (I just bought p3s also)and I will follow your instructions tomorrow
Many thanks
Brian
(Adelaide; South Australia)

Sorry about the Got
I have got the p2 apart but can only see 2 white plugs on the box.There is a row of plugs and sockets at the back on the main board but not on the box. There are 3 flat grey cables hanging down where the camera used to be
Thanks again
Brian

I now realize what you meant but I should explane I have no camera mounting left just a hole and three cables so I can see it wont work unless the power supply can be attached internally?
Regards
Brian

I have finally understood what you mean - only 2 questions
How to identify cam port on main board?
How to unclamp the wide grey cable at the front?
Thanks I will try not to bother you any more
Regards
Brian

I have also needed help like you do and I didnt like those "google it" or "search the forum" answers. Here you go:

Help connecting 3-axis Storm32 gimbal on Vision+

some times give a man fish he eats today..

teach him to fish , he eats every day..

it works much faster than post and reply method,
so if folks can be pointed to correct "search" terms they benefit now and later.
I never did things FOR my kids , I helped and guided them to what they needed..

take care

good luck and have fun flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj