P2V motor soldering question

Reaction score
I have a P2V that orginally had the 920 kv motors and I upgraded to the 960 kv motors and I went from 21 min flight times to 19 min. I have all the proper equipment ESC 2.1 that I used for the 2312 motors and I bought T Motor 2214 V3 motors to try to get back those min. My question is I solder the last motors into the leftover solder on the contact points for the previous motors is that the cause for my loss of flight time. Should I heat up and remove the excess solder from the Esc's and the main board? Before I put the T Motors on?

If the solder is proper meaning it was allowed to cool without moving or being disturbed then you are OK.

Flight time is a result of MANY factors.

Typically if all else is the same, added weight is the most common cause.

But you have changed motors and they are the primary current drain devices. It's most likely they are operating at a different efficiency or required more power to meet performance specs.

There can also be weather, battery health, to name a few.

Have you conducted many flights or just comparing one flight to your past?

If the solder is proper meaning it was allowed to cool without moving or being disturbed then you are OK.

Flight time is a result of MANY factors.

Typically if all else is the same, added weight is the most common cause.

But you have changed motors and they are the primary current drain devices. It's most likely they are operating at a different efficiency or required more power to meet performance specs.

There can also be weather, battery health, to name a few.

Have you conducted many flights or just comparing one flight to your past?
I had about 40 miles on the first set of motors about 250 on the second set. I do nothing but fly long range. But right from the get go I lost 2 min off my orignal motors. I shouldn't never switch them out but I did. The setups were exactly the same. Same antenna mod Same angle on the antennas. I even bought a brand new lime fuel battery and dji battery did not improve anything.

The simple answer seems to lie with the motors as you have observed.
I cannot explain what if any predictable effects one should expect when changing to those motors. Maybe others here can help.

I know it's a PITA but swapping them [motors] back would seem to clear it up without a doubt.

The solder has nothing to do except make electrical contact. You upgraded the motors to the more powerful. You may want to upgrade the props that go along with those motors and you main gain you flight time back. I believe they are the 9450 props. But double check to be sure.

Yeah 9450 props come with the later verisons of the P2 Vision they claimed 2312 motors did not use more power then the orignals but I guess they were wrong thanks for your help guys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl