P2V Motor problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a motor problem a few weeks ago ( please see vid link ) so I replaced the motor and ESC.
Took it out for a test flight today and had 20 minutes of great flying. I then changed the battery for a second flight and when I started the motors, exact problem back again on the same motor.
I've checked inside and all new solder joints are perfect with no loose connections or wires that are visible anywhere else.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1FxTcgKEU

As a diagnostic, unplug the 4-pin motor connector from the Naza, then plug it back in shifted over by 1 pin to the left.
See if the problem moves to a different motor. Note that motor 4 may show red lights and beep, but you can ignore that.
(You could also try flipping the plug over to reverse 1-4 with 4-1.) If the problem moves, it's an issue with the Naza.
If it doesn't move; it could still be the main board or the motor/esc. To see if it's the main board, you can try to plug
the ESC straight in to the Naza (just pin 4, which is in common with pin 3, needs to be plugged into the motor signal
pin of the Naza; pin 2 is ground, which you can ignore, and pin 1 is for the LEDs, which you can ignore for the test.)

When I had a motor that had one of the fine wires in the winding that was damaged in a crash it was doing the very same thing.
it was intermittent to. Some times it would not do it then start doing it any time vibrations would make the wire lose contact on the wrap of the coil or short out on the damaged strands next to it. So try the tests the poster above me suggested and if the problem dont move. You know its got to either be the motor or that esc. You can try and take a magnifying glass and a flash light and look down threw the top of the motor and see if you see any of the windings in the coil that look broken or messed up. Tho if you ever had prop guards on and took them off and reused the longer screws you could also have a damaged coil on the bottom side if the screw went up inside and even touched the coils and even scratched any of the lacquer insulation the coil wires.

If you cant find any thing that looks totally wrong with windings and did the tests with moveing the plugs on the naza.. You can also try to de solder the motor and switch it with one of the other motors. essayist way is to use one that spins the same direction so you dont have to change it back after.

Then see if the known good motor from the opposite arm hooked to that esc starts doing the same thing or not. If not then it was the motor. If it still does it its your esc starting to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers