P2V+ Main board not recognized, neither does the receiver and battery error

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and I found out about you guys recently, i hope somebody's already got this problem.

I recently got a crashed Phantom 2 V+ for a really cheap price, pretty confident knowing that fixing it would be a walk in the park, man I was so wrong. Camera doesn't work and if I check the Phantom assistant on PC, I noticed that neither the main board and the receiver are recognized, won't even display the 0.0.0.0 error, also the assistant indicates I have the "Not Intelligent Battery" error. I Don't know what to do, I even replaced the main board expecting the problem would be over but nothing has given me a solution.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you all in advance.

Hello,
Wow, slew of problems,
Let's tackle your first problem:
BATTERY,
Without this, might as well not bother trying to fix anything else, we first need POWER.
So that being said:
Problem is with your communication pins, somewhere.
Check list:
1) are the pins clean?
( solution: spray with plastic safe, contact cleaner, use a toothbrush if needed )
2) are the contact pads clean on battery side?
( solution : same as above, but use q-tip instead of toothbrush )
3) in the crash, has the power terminal/communication block ( part on phantom that battery plugs into ) come loose, broke, or bent?
( solution: reset it, fix, or replace )
4) are the communication pins still spring loaded? Can you push them in and do they spring back?
( solution if answer is no, replace! )
5) is battery FULLY INSERTING INTO PHANTOM? Should be NO gap around battery edge and phantom body!
( solution: check for obstruction ( wire, antenna, debris??? ) fix so battery can get FULLY inserted )
6) check communication pin WIRE, closely for breaks, and at connection points for breaks in wire, connector, or bad solder joint at boards. Look closely. ( make sure connector pins are fully inserted and have not backed out of connector )

This should solve your non intelligent battery problem.

Then we will go from there, but we will need more info, and pics of how you wired everything, ect. Maybe something got crossed up somewhere?

Or possibly more ( unknown ) broken items from the crash?

But work on battery then let us know, we will get you going again, maybe not tonight, but soon, VERY SOON!

Lol, but seriously, more than glad to help.

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks for your reply J Dot! I was out of home by the time I got the reply, sorry for answering pretty late.

I'm starting to do the diagnostics and following your instructions in the given order. I'm giving you an answer to this post when I'm finished doing the troubleshoting.

Thanks for such valuable info J Dot!

Hello,
Wow, slew of problems,
Let's tackle your first problem:
BATTERY,
Without this, might as well not bother trying to fix anything else, we first need POWER.
So that being said:
Problem is with your communication pins, somewhere.
Check list:
1) are the pins clean?
( solution: spray with plastic safe, contact cleaner, use a toothbrush if needed )
2) are the contact pads clean on battery side?
( solution : same as above, but use q-tip instead of toothbrush )
3) in the crash, has the power terminal/communication block ( part on phantom that battery plugs into ) come loose, broke, or bent?
( solution: reset it, fix, or replace )
4) are the communication pins still spring loaded? Can you push them in and do they spring back?
( solution if answer is no, replace! )
5) is battery FULLY INSERTING INTO PHANTOM? Should be NO gap around battery edge and phantom body!
( solution: check for obstruction ( wire, antenna, debris??? ) fix so battery can get FULLY inserted )
6) check communication pin WIRE, closely for breaks, and at connection points for breaks in wire, connector, or bad solder joint at boards. Look closely. ( make sure connector pins are fully inserted and have not backed out of connector )

This should solve your non intelligent battery problem.

Then we will go from there, but we will need more info, and pics of how you wired everything, ect. Maybe something got crossed up somewhere?

Or possibly more ( unknown ) broken items from the crash?

But work on battery then let us know, we will get you going again, maybe not tonight, but soon, VERY SOON!

Lol, but seriously, more than glad to help.

J Dot

Hi J Dot!

Tried all the troubleshooting points but no success. Seems the battery voltage is ok and still the main board is not recognized. Is there any other way to keep going? Maybe the problem lies in the FC?

There are a couple things we could try, but first,
Can you take some clear up close pics of your wiring connections, inside your bird?
Maybe something is a miss?

We might also try a hard reset, requires a jumper wire, from ( place jumper from F1 ( bottom pin ) to F2 ( bottom pin ) turn on phantom ( while hooked to assistant ) ( this tricks naza into thinking it is new and free of any firmware ( shows firmware version 0.00.00 ) , now reinstall firmware, turn off phantom ( REMOVE JUMPER WIRE ). Now turn on phantom should have a clean new firmware install.
( but with the problems you are having not sure if it will work? )
But might be a solution.

Next
Are you getting ( 11.1vdc ) at battery?
Next are you getting ( 11.1vdc ) at mainboard?

Next,
If you have a volt meter , do a continuity test on the com wire from battery to mainboard, make sure both wires are in tact, and communicating with motherboard from battery!

Lastly
Was the battery in the crash too, or different battery?
Have you tested with different battery? Or only have the one?

Let me know and we will proceed!

J Dot

Hello
Here are a few old pics I had, this is a vision non plus, but basically the same only extra pitch wire in pics, just disregard it for your plus.
But all else should be the same.
Just use these to cross reference yours to.

First hard reset:

33A7F0F9-F0E1-4E17-9CDA-11F984DA2424_zps2iaszdot.jpg

468015AA-664E-476A-8EA8-39B5879C6AA2_zpslis7jlxe.jpg

1845293F-AB62-457D-9C37-4E80963D3A25_zpsryzzgo7w.jpg

4FC13932-14B8-4118-988E-F3AC1AD380CF_zpsdwypozic.jpg

Ok
Naza stuff:

D73214D2-FD18-40ED-B713-A2772FDE7FD0_zpstfhfbhdv.jpg

5BCA9DB8-35C6-42DB-9248-D67F64A9D918_zpsvyq5jhp9.jpg

15CE5DFA-AD72-4D58-A8D3-E737B316F784_zpsk5q7gg4u.jpg

976CF4A3-6B9A-4BC4-B197-5B88C189E953_zpsvyhxlvby.jpg

Fun facts:
8E13C5DC-CD7F-4E9D-9F74-45A37C50AFD1_zpseaf1i2ff.jpg

J Dot

Hello,
Ok I see one issue that jumps out at me,
This wire needs to UNHOOK from circled connector, and plug into where red arrow is pointing to
( may also be the reason your camera is not working )
image.jpeg

This cable powers the wifi extender, and is most likely back feeding the mainboard, this can be bad if left.

Switch it out and try to boot up!

J Dot

Found a second issue

This wire needs to flip 180 degrees
( red wire on right, brown wire on left )
image.jpeg

Do this BEFORE you boot up.

J Dot

Also
Don't forget the wifi module set screw, keeps unit from becoming dislodged in a crash or hard landing, tape is more of a insulator/shock absorber, but also carries mounting capabilities, no big deal, just noticed it was missing ( it is the same size as mainboard screws. )
image.jpeg

J Dot

Keep us updated!

Found a second issue

This wire needs to flip 180 degrees
( red wire on right, brown wire on left )
View attachment 63111

Do this BEFORE you boot up.

J Dot

That's the one my mate had upside down and the quad didn't know how to level itself, end result was on power up the quad just flipped

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: J Dot
Hey everyone! I did everything J told me to. And indeed the first connector J told me to change solved everything! Worked like a charm.

The only nuisance now is that the camera is busted and doesn't even turn on. But I'm thinking of adapting a zenmuse gimbal or something, so it's not a big deal (I got that P2 cheap anyway).

Thank you for your amazing help J. Can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am.

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj