Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2V+ Low Light Tests

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Wildest_Wahoo, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Wildest_Wahoo

Hey guys.

Not sure if this is on here or not yet, but I did some low light video tests for the Phantom 2 Vision+

Check it out and please share!

http://youtu.be/MkCHdnIA-V8

[youtube]http://youtu.be/MkCHdnIA-V8[/youtube]

2. MapMaker53

Nice. I actually think the camera's low-light performance really isn't that bad considering it's limited available settings. Thanks for posting those tests.

3. TonG

Deleted

4. Wildest_Wahoo

what do you have your exposure metering set too? I find you can get more light coming in if you switch off the "spot" setting in low light.

5. TonG

In my opinion is 400 Iso and 1/30sec the most sensitive setting:. The shutter time wil not get any longer.
    So switching to or from spot metering gives not a difference in exposure. (I haven't tried it). By the way: I use the integral metering.
    I shot a much darker picture but the exposure values remain the same.

I suppose that is a policy of DJI to limit the shutter to 1/30sec because longer shuttertimes wil give vibration-blur.

Ton

6. Wildest_Wahoo

All makes sense.

I was just thinking of a suggestion for a better quality..

7. TonG

To get a better quality no need a better camera. It al depends on what you want to photograph and for what use.
    I'm seriously thinking about a camera like the Sony RX100. The sensor is much, much better and so is the lens. But there is one seriously drawback.Its heavy!!
    Together with a gimbal it weighs around 400grms. This is quite a lot for the PV2+. It will drastically limit your flying time to I quess 5-6 minutes.
    I removed the normal camera and gimbal because I damaged it and replaced it by a piece of wood around 400grms.
    Wow, that was heavy flying! I needed almost full throttle to keep the bird in the sky.

So I'm thinking about another quadcopter because the GoPro Hero is not an option for me.The difference with the PV2+ camera is to small for my purposes.

Ton

8. slothead

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread (and video in the first post) was. Was this your first low-light/night flight? It's interesting to me because I don't have that kind of landscape to look at very often. Otherwise (light-wise), it looks about like mine, but I didn't have a beach to fly over, so I just flew around our neighborhood. Pretty boring in my opinion - a beach would have been much more interesting. And I really need to do the yaw mod!

[vimeo]106692782[/vimeo]

Thanks for sharing.

9. Wildest_Wahoo