P2V losing lift mid flight consistently

Reaction score
This is the third flight this has happened:

It flies well but after 5 minutes or so I lose lift. It acts as if it doesn't have the power to lift itself.
The last 2 flights resulted in crashes today but not bad ones as I have been lucky to keep it close to the ground except the last crash it seemed to really lose control and go down sideways. (but I will have to fly it again to see if I can recreate that).

Both batteries are OEM with about 10-15 charges each. This has happened with as much as 70% charge and as little as as 30%.
It is controllable as long as I can maintain lift but it wants to bounce off the ground which is getting dangerous.

Any ideas?

Do the arm LEDs begin flashing Red?

Are the batteries old??

Sounds like 'tired' batteries or extreme cold.

Hello,
Are you using OEM DJI PROPS?
And make sure you have the right pitch for your motors. I heard not to use the newest upgraded props with 2212 motors? Not sure which you have?
Next if the props DO NOT SAY DJI on them, throw them away! Those crappy aftermarket ones caused me to crash due to failed lift, after fast decent! I can go on and on about horror stories with aftermarket props!
( trust me NOT worth the few dollars saved )

Next,
Try an advanced IMU CALIBRATION, through PC assistant, then a fresh compass calibration! See if problem is fixed?

Lastly,
Clean battery terminals, and com pins on bird, and on battery, with plastic safe Contact cleaner and q-tip.

Hope this helps?
J Dot

Wanted to add: open her up, check for loose connectors, or broken solder joints, on all power points around board!
Give a light push on all connectors, maybe something bounced loose?

This is the third flight this has happened:

It flies well but after 5 minutes or so I lose lift. It acts as if it doesn't have the power to lift itself.
The last 2 flights resulted in crashes today but not bad ones as I have been lucky to keep it close to the ground except the last crash it seemed to really lose control and go down sideways. (but I will have to fly it again to see if I can recreate that).

Both batteries are OEM with about 10-15 charges each. This has happened with as much as 70% charge and as little as as 30%.
It is controllable as long as I can maintain lift but it wants to bounce off the ground which is getting dangerous.

Any ideas?

Hi it looks similar than my problem:
P2V suddenly starts to plump | DJI Phantom Forum
I don't have the solution yet.

I did not update my situation but this is what happened:

1. I reinstalled OEM props
2. I discharged battery 1 (of 2) to 3% and recharged.

After a few flights I could see the problem was gone except: Battery 1 was doing fine until it got 50% and discharged so quickly ( a matter of seconds) from 50% to 10% I could barely get it to the ground from 50 feet alt. and 200 feet out. This resulted in "semi-crash landing" as it tried to return home and my return home alt. is set at 200ft.
Had to fight it get to the ground.

Battery 2 works fine.
So I blame it on props although I havnt yet tried the other props again to retest.
But it seems I also had a battery discharge issue.

I will update when I have more definitive answers.

I've had a similar problem. Turned out the battery had come to the end on its lifetime. I bought a new - all went well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31