P2V+ Live Video not streaming

Reaction score
Just got my P2V+ today and flies great, the issue I'm running into is that the live video isn't streaming to my phone. All controls of the gimbal and camera features work fine. When I start the app and the Phantom the live video streams for 2 or 3 seconds then freezes that image on the screen. Sitting on my living room floor I can steer the gimbal with the app and take video and take photos but just can't stream it to the phone. For the rest of the flight, all controls still work from the phone - but no video. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, I've tried rebinding the wireless and the phantom. I've tried resetting the extender. Same results, can control the camera and gimbal but can't get live video.

Any thoughts??

toddhacker said:
Just got my P2V+ today and flies great, the issue I'm running into is that the live video isn't streaming to my phone. All controls of the gimbal and camera features work fine. When I start the app and the Phantom the live video streams for 2 or 3 seconds then freezes that image on the screen. Sitting on my living room floor I can steer the gimbal with the app and take video and take photos but just can't stream it to the phone. For the rest of the flight, all controls still work from the phone - but no video. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, I've tried rebinding the wireless and the phantom. I've tried resetting the extender. Same results, can control the camera and gimbal but can't get live video.

Any thoughts??

Welcome to the No Video Feed Club! You are not alone, several of us have this problem.

First I recommend you call DJI technical support and register the defect. They need to hear about all of these so it gets the priority it deserves.
Second, they will give you a list of things to try. They are all good suggestions, but they will also tell you they have not been very successful with fixing the problem.
Third, they will tell you they don't have a fix and don't have a timeframe for fixing it.
Fourth, if it doesn't get resolved, you only have 10 days to return it for a refund if you bought it from DJI.
You can look for other threads in this forum to hear from others.

MikesTooLz said:
just to check something, let us know if it happens with you phone being a few feet away from the repeater/remote.

It happens with my P2V+ regardless of how close or far my mobile device is from the Range Extender.

crashoften said:
What is the OS and OS version of your viewing device?
I'm using an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1.1, this evening I also tried loading the DJI Vision app of my wife's iPad. That actually got me about 6 seconds of streaming video before the same result. Long enough to take off and get my hopes up. Trying to trouble shoot and see if it might be the wireless limitation in my old phone. I will usually pair the phone before takeoff and get about 2 seconds then a frozen frame and just fly for the fun of it recording blind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31