p2v+ issues --- rc transmitter??? or p2v+?

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure where to begin....Got a used p2v+ used. told it was working...it wasn't what was represented.

first issue: cannot calibrate rc transmitter - I turn on p2v+, wait, red led for bind flashes, turn on transmitter, red led goes off, then nothing, move sticks down to start, nothing....

Loaded phantom2 assiant program and windows usb driver..connected micro usb to transmitter -windows pc beeps, usb connected...launch program...nothing...transmitter not detected...tried on both win 7 & win 10 pc?

Thought it was the rc transmitter not binding...got another...same thing???

When I connect the p2v+ via usb to pc and launch DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8...sees p2v+ fine...I can see battery voltages, reset imu, reflash firmware 3.8....but cannot see or calibrate rc transmitter???

*note I have 2 vision cameras, not connected so not sure if that matters?

What next??? I am almost ready to purchase replacement p2v+ and try that???

Any ideas?

tried all of above... multiple pc's, reboots, both on connected and on after connected... and different usb ports....and different usb micro cables

yes...that is what is weird...what should it look like in device manager - do you have a screenshot?

yes both....from dji....DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 & DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 & DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer.exe

dji windows grab.PNG

Thanks...DJI Virtual driver not working on Windows 10 Enterprise...or Windows 8 Enterprise...I will try Windows 8 consumer version...

Attachments

• djivirtualport.jpg
    djivirtualport.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 374
Great...the windows 8 consumer version works...I got the dji virtual driver working and the DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 worked for calibrating the rc transmitter and upgrading the transmitter firmware. However the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 connects to the p2v+ and I can see the battery, compasss, gps, etc...however the rc transmitter is not seen even though I tried to bind to the P2v+ using the red led, press turn yellow, turn on rc transmitter, beeps, led goes away...hmmm. Also get error in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 as per attached screenshot..

Attachments

• djiassistanterror.jpg
    djiassistanterror.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 400
Hey, I'm having the same trouble. If you figure it out, I would sure like to know what you have done. I'm thinking it might be the receiver in the drone itself?

Hey, I'm having the same trouble. If you figure it out, I would sure like to know what you have done. I'm thinking it might be the receiver in the drone itself?
I just went into another room and everything worked just fine!! I'm thinking now that my home wireless might have been interfering.

I have ruled out wireless interference by shutting down all wireless AP's and analyzing local area for wireless signals. Transmitter beeps once when P2V+ is turned on..then no response from phantom...
I have purchased a 2nd working P2V+ and I will swap electronic parts between each to see what part is faulty and causing the issue. I suspect the main board or wireless receiver...

Any further information about this problem? I can't connect my TX to RC Assistant or Phantom Assistant, thought my Win 10 beeps when I plug the TX in.

Any further information about this problem? I can't connect my TX to RC Assistant or Phantom Assistant, thought my Win 10 beeps when I plug the TX in.
Yes, got windows 7 pc and worked perfectly. Windows 10 had a driver issue on multiple pcs.

So the DJI software for calibrating the TX will no longer work on the current Windows operating system? Has DJI dropped all support for the P2V+? It's difficult to even find the software download page for the P2V+.

I had to download the app twice . It didn't work. Let it sit for a week. Plugged it in. Bingo! !!!! Windows 10. This was just 3 weeks ago.

Is the Remote 5.8ghz?
Are you binding correctly? Youtube it.
If the bird has had a crash, then the receiver board could be damaged. The board is a daughter board on the Main board and can be replaced.
Your best bet is to find a pilot near you with a 5.8 controller and rebind as a test.

Is the Remote 5.8ghz?
Are you binding correctly? Youtube it.
If the bird has had a crash, then the receiver board could be damaged. The board is a daughter board on the Main board and can be replaced.
Your best bet is to find a pilot near you with a 5.8 controller and rebind as a test.
Faulty flight controller...replaced...fixed now thanks.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj