P2V+ is going to work/rescue.

Reaction score
I just received a call from a farmer who said "your neighbor told me you have a drone and gave me your number". This gentleman is a farmer and he has some type of chemical damage to his crops and wants an overhead look. We talked about size and distance and it sounds like this is something made to order for the P2V+. And to keep it legal all he is going to do is pay me for my fuel. The rest will be as a favor to my neighbor. He said he knows of a lot of real work/money to be had that he could get me, but I am a law abiding citizen so I'll have to research it some before charging a fee. As of now I don't think I can, but I enjoy helping anyway.

Be careful as the "fuel reimbursement" is also construed as payment for services by our friendly FAA. :?

I don't think your charging a fee (or not) has the slightest effect on the legality (or not) of the activity. You are providing a service to a business, from which some business decision will be made. It doesn't matter if you did it for free or not. Just my opinion of how the feds are making the rules.

A couple of weeks ago, a strong storm blew down a tree next to my house. Most of it ended up on my neighbors roof. Hmm, I wonder what it looks like from up top? So I took out my phantom and flew it over. Took about 40 still pix. My neighbor came over later and asked if he could have some of the photos for his insurance claim. I of course agreed and sent hem several of them. Legal, illegal? Beats me. When I took them, I mainly was just curious what things looked like from above, I was excited to have a purpose for flying the thing. When those pix went to his insurance co, I probably went illegal. Even though that was not my intent when I took them. Go figure. The rules are a mess right now. PIA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.