P2V is a Dud. A Flop. A Disappointment.

BenDronePilot said:
BJay said:
thought i'd share some of my P2V shots for all you naysayers.
All shot in jpeg also:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/115338386@N06/

Gopro can't do better than that. Some people are just fanboys ;)

EXACTLY. The GoPro guys are like Apple people (even though I have Apple products). As soon as you say something bad about them or say there is another camera out there of equal quality it's blasphemy.

DumpP2VgetaPv2FPVkit said:
You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2V. Every leafless tree cuts out your FPV. The video can't be watch for more than a minute without getting seasick. The night photos are blurry. The day photos are fish eyed and boring.

Do yourself a favor. Join me, Shrimpfarmer, LeoS and others. Sell your P2V on Craigslist. Order an all in one P2 with zenmuse and FP v iosd etc installed from BHphoto. The gopro video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be.

Regards,

yawn...

You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2V. Every leafless tree cuts out your FPV. The video can't be watch for more than a minute without getting seasick. The night photos are blurry. The day photos are fish eyed and boring.

Do yourself a favor. Join me, Shrimpfarmer, LeoS and others. Sell your P2V on Craigslist. Order an all in one P2 with zenmuse and FP v iosd etc installed from BHphoto. The gopro video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be.

Regards,

You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2 with your silly little GoPro. Every large tree creates an obstacle to your silly toy to have to fly around or over. The video can't be watch (sic) for more than a minute-and-a-half without feeling like you are using a cheap camera on a toy 'copter. The night photos are almost impossible because you can't see your silly drone in the dark. The day photos look like they were taken from a drone flown by a hobbyist helicopter-pilot wannabe standing on the ground far away.

Do yourself a favor, "ImadeUpAStupidNameJustToPostThisMessageBecauseIamAGutlessWonder". Sell your P2 on Craigslist. Order a real bird and learn to actually fly it in the air, like a Bell 525 http://www.bell525supermedium.net/ and get a real camera, like a Nikon D4 with the new 800mm lens to zoom in nicely on distant objects with superb image stabilization. For video, get an Alexa Studio with Codex. If you're one of those amateur cheapskates who don't want to spring for the tab you can rent one for only $3,400/day so there's no excuse to be playing with your GoPro toys anymore. The Alexa video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be. If you are too cheap to buy your own bird, or too stupid to fly one, you can rent one with a pilot for a little over $150/hr.

Regards,
(name left blank to protect the arrogant, condescending poster)

^^^^^ HAHA just read that hilarious

I have had great fun with my phantom vision. It isn't everything I thought it would be, but its a hell of a lot of fun and it hasnt had a major malfunction yet. Just think about what it's actually doing.

NOW the bad part. DJI has completely revolted me as a company. The launch was poorly handled, with lots of dud units out of the november 2013 models (which mine was a part of and only has one small issue). Terrible customer service. Launching of P2 right after P2V. Years of people complaining of fly-aways with no serious responses from the company. Expensive s800 units suffering the roll of death, and now this strange injunction from DJI North America. Product issues are one thing, but when a company can't just come out and say whats going wrong/on, it makes it a whole lot worse. I need good communication skills from a company after an investment of that size.

I can't in good conscience continue to give money to a company I think has some serious business ethics issues - and hey ill be the first to admit its my own fault! Should have done my research. But now I have I would advise people to maybe think twice and do the research before buying.

I think a lot of you are too hard on your Phantom Visions, and too easy on DJI ;)

I am so pleased I sold my DJI Phantom quadcopter and I thought it was a good gentle flyer but DJI support and a one axis fumble sucked. I have a 3DR quadcopter for one year and it is a great machine. I will buy another waypoint UAV when they become available. The injunction was the final blow. Bye DickJI

Mav456 said:
You really just made me feel like a depressed man I spent $1200in this

Dry those tears space cadet.

I haven't regretted my purchase once since I bought it, and am yet to have any disasters.

After using it for a week, your real problem will probably be stopping yourself from buying
all the upgrades and add-ons you can.

El Rey said:
I haven't regretted my purchase once since I bought it, and am yet to have any disasters.

After using it for a week, your real problem will probably be stopping yourself from buying
all the upgrades and add-ons you can.

I definitely have PAD (Phantom Acquisition Disorder). I've resisted buying a P2V but I have a P1 and a P2... and a Flamewheel to go find the other two... :D

I own a P1 and a Vision and like them both I don't get this thread IMO the Vision photos look just as good as from my go pro black

Sent from my S4

UrbanLegend777 said:

Regards,

You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2 with your silly little GoPro. Every large tree creates an obstacle to your silly toy to have to fly around or over. The video can't be watch (sic) for more than a minute-and-a-half without feeling like you are using a cheap camera on a toy 'copter. The night photos are almost impossible because you can't see your silly drone in the dark. The day photos look like they were taken from a drone flown by a hobbyist helicopter-pilot wannabe standing on the ground far away.

Do yourself a favor, "ImadeUpAStupidNameJustToPostThisMessageBecauseIamAGutlessWonder". Sell your P2 on Craigslist. Order a real bird and learn to actually fly it in the air, like a Bell 525 http://www.bell525supermedium.net/ and get a real camera, like a Nikon D4 with the new 800mm lens to zoom in nicely on distant objects with superb image stabilization. For video, get an Alexa Studio with Codex. If you're one of those amateur cheapskates who don't want to spring for the tab you can rent one for only $3,400/day so there's no excuse to be playing with your GoPro toys anymore. The Alexa video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be. If you are too cheap to buy your own bird, or too stupid to fly one, you can rent one with a pilot for a little over $150/hr.

Regards,

LMAO. Well said. I have a GoPro hero 3 and I find it funny that some of these guys seem to think that they are professional grade cameras. I honestly don't see much of a difference between my go Pro and my FC200. I like my go Pro for being able to do water shots and be waterproof. Otherwise I really don't see the hype.

Scottrod said:
UrbanLegend777 said:

Regards,

Regards,

LMAO. Well said. I have a GoPro hero 3 and I find it funny that some of these guys seem to think that they are professional grade cameras. I honestly don't see much of a difference between my go Pro and my FC200. I like my go Pro for being able to do water shots and be waterproof. Otherwise I really don't see the hype.

Diddo,

Moose

Mav456 said:
I have to admit the OP is right. Who wants to go on vacation and take a few pics? I want GoPro video! The FPV cuts out on me making a lot of the app useless like the radar when I need it, it's not there. The P2V is just to toyish for me. It was fun for a month but I just need more. I decided to post my P2V on Craigslist. Yesterday she sold for $950 with her accessories. I'm going to get this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... raphy.html

I advise you all do the same before the P2V depreciates lower. I'm so excited to be getting my new setup. I will be in Hawaii and a Rome this Summer I can imagine the videos I shoot will be priceless memories!

You spent too much.

Mav456 said:
I have to admit the OP is right. Who wants to go on vacation and take a few pics? I want GoPro video! The FPV cuts out on me making a lot of the app useless like the radar when I need it, it's not there. The P2V is just to toyish for me. It was fun for a month but I just need more. I decided to post my P2V on Craigslist. Yesterday she sold for $950 with her accessories. I'm going to get this:

I advise you all do the same before the P2V depreciates lower. I'm so excited to be getting my new setup. I will be in Hawaii and a Rome this Summer I can imagine the videos I shoot will be priceless memories!

The P2V is my first ever RC device and I'm really pleased with it. I'm having a blast and can see it providing years of entertainment and images.

However now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm also starting to lust after something that takes better footage and images, is more stable, and has some redundancy if a motor conks out.
But I wouldn't bother going more or less sideways from the P2V and purchase a Phantom 2 + Go Pro. It doesn't seem worth the investment all over again for some losses and some theoretical gains.
I'd be looking to step up to a hexacopter or octocopter setup - going to the next pay grade for a clear step forward in results.

El Rey said:
Mav456 said:

The P2V is my first ever RC device and I'm really pleased with it. I'm having a blast and can see it providing years of entertainment and images.

However now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm also starting to lust after something that takes better footage and images, is more stable, and has some redundancy if a motor conks out.
But I wouldn't bother going more or less sideways from the P2V and purchase a Phantom 2 + Go Pro. It doesn't seem worth the investment all over again for some losses and some theoretical gains.
I'd be looking to step up to a hexacopter or octocopter setup - going to the next pay grade for a clear step forward in results.

Exactly. 100% agree.

Scottrod said:
El Rey said:
Mav456 said:
I have to admit the OP is right.

Exactly. 100% agree.

Fortunately I was able to return my P2V for full credit at Amazon (minus a few bucks for return shipping) within their 30-day window. I absolutely agree the P2V is a fantastic RTF machine out of the box. But I felt I'd be better served with the gimbaled model and a GoPro 3. If I stay interested in multis I'll probably move on to something bigger, although I doubt I'd ever build something big enough to haul a full sized SLR around. I would be very sad if my P2 flew away with my GoPro. I cant imagine the horror of watching a Hex flying away with my Nikon body and lens.

But I think we all agree the Phantoms are pretty cool no mater what flavor you own.

We all want something more than what we have. I don't have a p2v but I sure wanted one. Instead, I went with a full-blown p2. I'm happy with it. I've spent a few bucks on do-dads and gizmos for it. My main aim is to get it simplified so I can use it as easily as the P2V. If someone near me wants to offload a P2V, I will probably consider it just for the convenience (and to satisfy my acquisition disorder).

However, I also want to go the next step. So... I ordered an F550. As spring approaches, I might take a big plunge and build a 3D machine... maybe...

It's a hobby so playing is allowed... encouraged even. The wife is OK with it since I offloaded/sold part of another expensive hobby for this one. So far, no real money out-of-pocket.

jondrew said:
Fortunately I was able to return my P2V for full credit at Amazon (minus a few bucks for return shipping) within their 30-day window. I absolutely agree the P2V is a fantastic RTF machine out of the box. But I felt I'd be better served with the gimbaled model and a GoPro 3. If I stay interested in multis I'll probably move on to something bigger, although I doubt I'd ever build something big enough to haul a full sized SLR around. I would be very sad if my P2 flew away with my GoPro. I cant imagine the horror of watching a Hex flying away with my Nikon body and lens.

But I think we all agree the Phantoms are pretty cool no mater what flavor you own.

That's great! Amazon takes good care of their customers. Yeah I agree all the phantoms are sweet no matter which one you own. I am interested in the new S1000 that will be coming out but I would imagine the flight time would suffer greatly compared to the P2 and P2V.

I always said comparing the P2/P2V to hex/octocopters is like comparing a sports car to a semi truck. They both have different uses.

I have had my P2V for a week or so and it didn't take long to realise that the camera is "point and shoot" quality. Perhaps I should be disappointed, but I'm not!

My prime hobby is photography and I have a great camera with great lenses and can capture images with wonderful image quality; at ground level. I know I could obtain equivalent quality from a drone if I spent enough cash; but the P2V provides me with a simple solution to capture photos from a new angle, without having to get too involved technically or be an expert flyer.

With little effort I suddenly have the chance to see my world from a whole new vantage point; the possibilities are endless! What comes out of the camera may not be of the highest quality; but by shooting RAW and applying the supplied lens correction, I have something I can work with to produce images which are acceptable for web viewing, which is all I need.

This is my favourite shot so far: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26325010@N02/12287106643/

Shot head on into a very bright late afternoon sun. Masses of flare; but it cleaned up nicely enough when converted to Black and White. Good enough for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20