P2V+ gimbal

Reaction score
EDIT :-FIXED

Hi all ,

Unfortunately , today I crashed my drone from 3 feet off the ground , it was so minor I didn't think it caused anything big. The gimbal was fine. I even restarted the phantom and the gimbal was still perfectly fine. After about an hour , The gimbal starts vibrating (not extremely bad) but definitely a lot of vibration. Any suggestions or fixes? Is there anything I can do (apart from replacing the gimbal). The ribbon cable is fine.

try tightening this screw
IMAG0729.jpg

are you getting any messages on the screen? I had something similar, and was getting a message to remove the travel guard (or whatever it's called, hazy memory).

gimble was clicking back and forward and freaking out a bit. I took some of it apart and couldn't see anything wrong, when I put it back together it worked, not perfect, a couple of buzzes when it powers up but then seems fine (fingers crossed)

I went through the gimble reset on the software and that cured the slight wonk that I had on the camera.

hope that helps and good luck.

jonboy73 said:
are you getting any messages on the screen? I had something similar, and was getting a message to remove the travel guard (or whatever it's called, hazy memory).

gimble was clicking back and forward and freaking out a bit. I took some of it apart and couldn't see anything wrong, when I put it back together it worked, not perfect, a couple of buzzes when it powers up but then seems fine (fingers crossed)

I went through the gimble reset on the software and that cured the slight wonk that I had on the camera.

hope that helps and good luck.
When you said took it apart, did you remove the gimbal from the phantom itself? Do you have any video you referred to?

when I rotated my gimble left to right it made a scraping noise, so I took the 4 srews out of that panel above the gimble, it was then I discovered that 2 of then hold a plate that comes out, but the other two just hold the pcb in place, along with some bits that fell out, lol. I ended up taking the whole assembly off by cutting the plastic bolts (the ones through the white rubber grommets) as these are not reusable. had a bit of a look around, as I could find nothing wrong I just put it back together, scraping noise was gone. sorry I can't be more specific, it was a bit of an exploration for me and I have no real idea what changed.

z10m said:
Any news.?
I left the gimbal clamp on for a few hours. After turning it on, the gimbal stopped vibrating (Yeah!) but there was tilt and the camera would automatically move around (no, FPV mode is off). I referred to a thread that involved tilting the shaft and it worked perfectly. Fixed it! Will do a test soon

My Phantom 2 vision + crashed in a river. It did the wobbly thing 100ft away at 40 ft up, I couldn't regain control and it ended up 6 ft underwater amongst some weeds.
It took about 2 hours of "fishing" to find it but I got the air compressor to it right way to dry it out.
Everything worked at first but I didn't get the GPS unit dry enough and it failed.

Now my gimble is making noise internally. I figured there's a gyro in there somewhere. Don't really know if one can take it apart. Has anyone tried ?
I assume that if I can spray some sewing machine oil inside thru the gap, it might lube the gyro and the noise would go away. Not sure how would effect the electronics or if oil is the right answer. ( graphite power maybe ? )

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1