P2V+ Gimbal motor problem after crash

Reaction score
Sold my P2V+ to a friend after I upgraded. He crashed it and I replaced the flight controller and a motor and ESC board.damaged in the crash. The gimbal motor on power up is forcing the camera to the farthest angle it is capable of and fighting to move it more. When I tilt the craft sideway the motor settles, but when level it returns to the problem. Seems it isn't reading level. Here is a video. Any input appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sold my P2V+ to a friend after I upgraded. He crashed it and I replaced the flight controller and a motor and ESC board.damaged in the crash. The gimbal motor on power up is forcing the camera to the farthest angle it is capable of and fighting to move it more. When I tilt the craft sideway the motor settles, but when level it returns to the problem. Seems it isn't reading level. Here is a video. Any input appreciated.

You can check the back of the gimbal to make sure it is aligned properly. There are 3 small screws take them out and remove the cover. Verify that the flat part of the shaft is level with the camera. If it is it maybe the main gimbal board is fried. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richard S
You can check the back of the gimbal to make sure it is aligned properly. There are 3 small screws take them out and remove the cover. Verify that the flat part of the shaft is level with the camera. If it is it maybe the main gimbal board is fried. Best of luck

Here is a video on how to check it.

Reactions: Richard S
Thank you very much. That video and another led me to take off the back plate and circuit board on the gimbal. The center post can be held in place while the camera is physically turned to re-align. Works perfect!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan