P2V+ Gimbal Issue any suggestions?

Hi,

I've unfortunately had erratic gumbal behavior. I have completed all the repairs necessary to the tilt motor, but still have the erratic problems. In dealing with my issues I experienced your problem. The audible alarm you are hearing is an indication that your cable is either not connected properly or damaged. For example I had a 3 tone audible alarm and discovered the gimbal cable was not properly seated to the control board located beneath the silver cover on your gimbal. Later I had the same 2 tone that you are experiencing and it was because I unplugged the tilt board cable experimenting and trying to isolate which motor was at fault. So you might want to check those obvious connections. Keep in mind that the female receptors for these connections have a lock mechanism which needs to be lifted prior to removing or reinserting these cables.

good luck

kryan said:
Hi,

I've unfortunately had erratic gumbal behavior. I have completed all the repairs necessary to the tilt motor, but still have the erratic problems. In dealing with my issues I experienced your problem. The audible alarm you are hearing is an indication that your cable is either not connected properly or damaged. For example I had a 3 tone audible alarm and discovered the gimbal cable was not properly seated to the control board located beneath the silver cover on your gimbal. Later I had the same 2 tone that you are experiencing and it was because I unplugged the tilt board cable experimenting and trying to isolate which motor was at fault. So you might want to check those obvious connections. Keep in mind that the female receptors for these connections have a lock mechanism which needs to be lifted prior to removing or reinserting these cables.

good luck
That's good to know. Mine also makes that noise after a crash that nicked the ribbon cable on the gimbel and tore out the four pin cable on the top. I can still use it as FPV with the gimbel lock on it.

dalebb said:
kryan said:
Hi,

good luck
That's good to know. Mine also makes that noise after a crash that nicked the ribbon cable on the gimbel and tore out the four pin cable on the top. I can still use it as FPV with the gimbel lock on it.

What are your specifics? I tried that and my motors get real hot like they are working against the gimbal lock. Do you have an work arounds?
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik