P2V+ FPV mode, video lag/delay?

Reaction score
Dear P2V+ owners, i am in the market to buy a new P2V+ v3, and wanted to know how is video delay/lag from the phantom to the iOS device in FPV mode, i am also planning to get the Cinemizers connected to the my iPad for smooth flying. i am sure there will be slight delay, but shouldn't be significant (half second is the max delay accepted for FPV) that will make or break the deal for me, otherwise i will go the P2+GoPro route with custom made FPV.
thanks in advance.

Look I got one on the 1st of dec here is what I can say about it
First I got my from hobbywow and it comes with a case backpack because I can set up and put backpack on and walk
It comes with 2 real phantom battery's
4 extra props comes on handy trust me

And about your question yes they all have delay witch you should always keep eye contact with it all the time for safety I'll explain why later

I have notice when you take video recording quality down the delay becomes way less on the lowest
I'd say like 1 sec 2 sec delay but on high quality it's a big delay on stream on the phone I've try this also with Iphone 6 little less delay but still not like 1 or 2 sec

Best advice I have gotten on here is really read the phantom book and then when you get it read it some more understand everything most important understand atti home lock all that stuff with save you 1400$ one day
It happen to me today
I was practicing at baseball field on atti last night to get a feel
Fast forward today I was flying wanted to go out little more than normal I was on a roof top so I can see it out there and I got the scary panic sound on my phone started to panic got it back to land touch down pull all the way down to stop engine next thing I know it got into failsafe mode auto to return home fly up quick to go home what the hell ok
Now I panic because it's going away from me even with dynamic home point on
Now I panic more since I'm low on juice here I switch to atti kick it out of failsafe mode now I have to control this machine with only one 15 min flight I've had on atti mode
Anyway it was hart pounding 2min of my life
Got the bird down but on landing it got like some back draft and tip the phantom front hitting the props on floor and stop it from spinning I put new ones on just in case hence extra props

Sorry for long story but I hope this will help you out

Gps mode it easy very easy but take it to a big spot and play with atti mode and course lock home lock so if you got out and panic because you can't seem you get it back to you this happens simple witch home lock and pull down on right stick it will bring phantom back to you

Most important get out don't be scared have fun be safe

It's a great device not a toy

I notice something I did wrong 3rd day I had it I wanted to get air view of freeway so I did but I also make people slow down some pull over to take pictures of it you get a lot of attention and very quick it's good and bad traffic is not a good idea and I notice that rookie mistake you can make some one crash

Golden hour is a must the best time is sunset that 1 hour is the best I try to get it out at much as I can

Gopro is great but in my option I get more from my v3.0 than my friends gopro
I feel more safe with mine than his
That just me maybe I am not a pro here remind you

wow, thanks for sharing your story, its really impressing big boys toy :) i am confused between the P2V+ and the P2 with H3-D3 + GoPro, as the FPV is very important since you can lose orientation of directions, i trued goggles with my friends P2 and its really nice with very min delay, however i don't like this custom made FPV, simply if DJI release a new firmware which blows up this FPV integration, it can get stuck and will be waiting for another firmware to fix it, on the P2V+ its all out of the box and will one upgrade you are done.

so the max delay you get on 1080P 30FPS is like 1 sec?
thanks

messiry said:
wow, thanks for sharing your story, its really impressing big boys toy :) i am confused between the P2V+ and the P2 with H3-D3 + GoPro, as the FPV is very important since you can lose orientation of directions, i trued goggles with my friends P2 and its really nice with very min delay, however i don't like this custom made FPV, simply if DJI release a new firmware which blows up this FPV integration, it can get stuck and will be waiting for another firmware to fix it, on the P2V+ its all out of the box and will one upgrade you are done.

so the max delay you get on 1080P 30FPS is like 1 sec?
thanks

I totally understand I'm not sure if other versions of phantoms have this but it's a safety I like that I have on my phantom vision plus v3.0 is going far out if I'm not sure what is front back left right orientation lose you switch to home lock or course lock and right stick down and back to you that helps for new flyers and I think experts we don't have superman eyes here sets say you lose fpv and you at this point can't see the bird 1400$+ in air with these things no matter what you have bring it back safe

Let us know what you go with ether way you will have fun and spend a lot of money want something real good ready to go better than gopro and vision plus go with inspire 1 4k video with no lag from what I've seen but it's 2 phantoms vision plus cost

Goggles I like it but I also like to see my bird with my eyes no delay there lol
There are only 2 goggles right now that its supported not sure the names I saw it on here

But again $$$$ 1400 for bird and let's say 150-200$ for protections and some mods + I think 500$ for goggles I just spoil my self at this point and get a dji inspire

It's a lot to think about and a lot of money I would think about it long and hard pros and cons of each research on products good and bad just read comments see what problems people have as you might come across one day if you purchase it

I was going to go with gopro but it ends up being to technical and at the end less fly time

To me important things where
Ready out the box with 1 update and advance calibration and setting in computer app done all in less than 1 hour with no guide
Flying time smart battery to let me know when I'm low

Look a lot of the delay happen most when flying fast and hard

I think there are few mods for the wifi repeater witch I think will get rid of the lag and it looks like a rockie could do search on YouTube

The delay I get on iPhone 4s on 1080 30fps is about 3 second

Also when not recording just viewing it's less lag

:D
I use the Cinemizer goggle with FPV at 720x30 delay is maybe 1/2 second. Don't fly too close to anything.

happydays said:
Iabove said:
The delay I get on iPhone 4s on 1080 30fps is about 3 second

The iPhone 5 and 6 have faster processors and therefore lag is not an issue.
that sounds nice, i have iPhone 6. can you tell us how is the delay/lag when you use it with iPhone 5/6
thanks

"The iPhone 5 and 6 have faster processors and therefore lag is not an issue."[/quote]

I agree,with my iphone 5s, only less than half a second. And with my BT-200, I stay with 7-10 feet away from any object.

I don't notice any lag with an iPhone 6. If there is any it really is so minimal that I can't detect it. It's probably there, but I would expect a tiny bit. I suppose it's like looking at a TV programme where they show the camera shot on a screen - there will always be a millisecond delay, so maybe I am expecting that.

In any case, lag is not an issue for me.

What I have noticed, though is that the battery on the iPhone 6 is a whole lot better than the 5. Maybe it's because it's only a few month old!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj