P2V+ First impressions compared to P2V

Reaction score
Just got my P2V+ and after reading about so many flyaways it was with great trepidation that I fired it up yesterday for its maiden flight. I was expecting it to take off like a fruitbat on speed and head for the nearest mango farm but after conducting all preflight checks and calibrating compass and seeing green flashing lights I brought both controls down and to the center and watched it come to life sitting atop of my gopro case. I let is sit there idling away for a minute or so still half expecting it to take off like a phantom possessed, but no it just sat there hovering away like a P2V..

As I lifted off I noticed that the video feed was frozen so same issue there as the P2V and it was quickly fixed by reducing preview resolution. It did appear to me that the P2V+ labors somewhat more on takeoff compared to its elder brother. I guess this can be put down to extra weight of camera and gimbal. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I noticed that as it was hovering around 10ft off the ground with 10 satellites it was still moving around a considerable amount compared to the P2V in the same environment. As I proceeded to fly out to about 500ft I let the controls go and I looked at the screen and saw that the distance was still increasing and my first though was ******* here it is, I am just going to be another victim of the Phantom Flyaway but thankfully it slowed to a hover and I returned it back to location.

All in all it was an uneventful maiden voyage.

Comparison between my P2V
P2V could only reach 450ft out of box (due to Remote Control defect) P2V+ exceeded that distance no problem
P2V felt less labored on takeoff compared to P2v+
Both have issue with video feed and both were fixed by going to lower preview resolution
Both fit in the Gopro hard case without any mods to the case
Obviously better video with the P2V+

Am happy with the purchase and happy that P2V+ didn't turn rogue and head for the hills on first flight...

My P2V also hovered in a much tighter circle then my P2V+. Drastically different

I have both also, and the app is a pain in the *** (android). My very first flight was fine but when I updated the firmware I get freezing of the app (again) but only at the start and once it got flying it was fine. To me they are not comparable, I love the plus, the video is so different and I flew the first time on a windy day and expected the video to be wobbly but it was lovely and smooth.

Now I have the plus to use for modding, horizon antennas, rotorpixel gimbal etc, so I will thrash it about, but havent noticed much else different flight characteristics wise, apart from having to calibrate it twice to get it to take in the middle of an open field.

:)

I purchased a Vision about three months ago not knowing the + was going to come out. I've had my + about two weeks now.
I think the camera quality and video is very similar I my + may look slightly better. My issue is that I live out in very flat land near the ocean and have brisk winds just about every day. The video footage from the Vision was like a crack head was behind the camera....just all over the place. My + keeps everything nice and smooth and video can't even compare. I have not touched my vision since I got my +. I'll probably give it to my brother or something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues