P2V+ fell out of the sky

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

When descending I used the left stick and pushed it down until it clicked in place to allow automatic descending.

This time the engine cut out and dropped onto the parkinglot.

My bird suffered broken propellers and a really bent arm on the gimbal.

I had purchased a gimbal guard to protect the gimbal itself and fortunately it did its job protecting the ribbon and camera, but bent the heck out of the arm.

I was able to reproduce the engine cutting off on the bench.

So I researched and found 4 videos on how to disassemble the gimble from the bird. I watched three of them. When disassembling the gimbal from the bird - the 3 white connectors that connected to the body, 2 of them were removed with no problems, the 3rd wire stripped.

If I would have watched the fourth video it covered proper removal of the 3rd connection, explaining how that one connector was difficult, and how to prevent what I did on removal.

So now I have a stripped connector, and a very bent arm on the gimbal.

I will try to attach some images, what should I do?

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

When descending I uses the left stick and push it down until it clicks in place to allow automatic descending.

My bird suffered broken propellers and a really bent arm on the gimble. I had purchased the gimble guard to protect the gimbal itself and fortunately it did its job protecting the ribbon and camera, but bent the heck out of the arm.

So I researched and found 4 good videos on how to disassemble the gimbal from the bird. I watched three of them. When i disassemble the gamble from the bird - the 3 white wires that connected to the body, 2 of them were temoved with no problems, the 3rd wire stripped.

If I would have watched the fourth video it covered proper removal of the 3rd connection, explaining how that one connector was difficult to remove.

So now I have a stripped connector, a bent arm on the gimbal.

I will try to attach some images, what should I do?

When descending I used the left stick and pushed it down until it clicked in place to allow automatic descending.

not fair comparison. apples and oranges.

stick down into detent should NOT kill the motors - until it stops decending for at least 3 seconds.

So sitting on bench, it is not descending, so it WILL shut off motors in about 3 seconds every time.

Only way to verify if YOU have a problem other than bad battery, motor controller, or opertator error, will be to repeat the test - flying. do it again while video recording with a cam corder and it falls again, yep, you got a problem - and proof for dji warranty repair.

I doubt you will repeat the issue tho; remember, immediate motor stop if you push both sticks down to center or outside bottom corners at the same time - THAT is most likely what happened, no?

I thought I used only one.....
I did not know that the engine cuts out while sitting on the bench and locking.

You are right! I walked through the scenario and out of habit I have the other stick ready to go so that I can land and cut the engines out with out tipping over. Thank you for helping me walk through my error so I don't repeat that again. Cheers!! John

Thank you TheWire. That makes a lot more sense. I have spent so much time going over my actions, I had convinced my self that I caused the crash.

My bird is being repaired at ATK out of Utah. He does great work, quick turn around, and came with high recomendations.

I have been wondering the same. So in flight with left stick in the down detent the engines will not shut down? I tried this once. Hovered about 7 feet over my head, in position to catch it. Pulled stick it detent and motors stopped and I caught it. In any event why take that chance. I always hold stick and control decent. Hate to have it not work at 100 feet. Just saying.
Jack

Reactions: JKaddouri

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers