P2V drew a crowd at the park this morning

Big Ben said:
NCSG said:
I told a group once in Berkeley that I worked for the NSA. They immediately stopped asking questions.

Don't stop there. :D

"I'm field testing for the NSA. It has a new feature. It can be controlled by thought. Let me show you." Then take a tinfoil hat with antennae out of a bag, put it on, switch off the transmitter and look intently at the Phantom while you 'make it return and land it'.

Make certain you have somebody recording the reaction of the onlookers for giggles. :lol:

Making my foil hat now... Gotta do it... :D :D :D

pault said:
I have found that it really exposes the differences between the sexes. The local field where I practice my flying skills is popular with dog walkers and females rarely give the PV2 a second glance whereas around half of all the males either stop and look or start a conversation. I took it out into the countryside with swmbo last weekend and she did not even ask for a go !

There must be some female pilots out there so if you are a woman reading this, please say hello. If you are a female lurker it only takes a moment to register and then you can say hello :)

Dang! That is disappointing. I was thinking that this thing is bound to be a "chick magnet"! Probably just as well, my wife would not like it! :)

NCSG said:
I told a group once in Berkeley that I worked for the NSA. They immediately stopped asking questions.

"This unit has an onboard Narus which can capture data from all electronic devices within 100ft of it.

Now please stand still for a second...

See that 'webcam' under it? It has a facial recognition engine to correlate all data intercepted to the persons identified. Say cheese!" *click* :mrgreen:

Try this:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 388
Pull_Up said:
1. Get 100s made;
2. Sell 100s;
3. Give me 25% commission/royalty;
4. Profit;
5. Er, that's it.

I was actually thinking of putting the design on CafePress so that it could be ordered as t-shirt, sweatshirt, etc. and in multiple colors/sizes.

I thought I'd post the preview here first to see if there were other suggestions.

(You usually have to sell a lot on sites like that for them to give up more than pennies, but if I see any commission, consider #3 done. =-) )

Mosleyh said:
Pull_Up said:
1. Get 100s made;
2. Sell 100s;
4. Profit;
5. Er, that's it.

I was actually thinking of putting the design on CafePress so that it could be ordered as t-shirt, sweatshirt, etc. and in multiple colors/sizes.

I thought I'd post the preview here first to see if there were other suggestions.

(You usually have to sell a lot on sites like that for them to give up more than pennies, but if I see any commission, consider #3 done. =-) )

This is an awesome idea!

Let me know if you do, I will buy a couple

Mosleyh said:
Try this:

If you change it to meters instead of feet, you'll sell even more t-shirts all around the world...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mosleyh said:
Pull_Up said:
1. Get 100s made;
2. Sell 100s;
4. Profit;
5. Er, that's it.

Another option is spreadshirt.com - you get to set your own commission level with those guys. I had a Spreadshirt shop years ago to sell branded clothing for my then flying club as it was too much hassle for them to get bulk orders printed, then store them, then sell them. Seemed to work ok.

I took a look at spreadshirt.

It looks good, but as far as I could tell there's no way to print on the back of the shirt.

cavaleiro01 said:
Mosleyh said:
Try this:

If you change it to meters instead of feet, you'll sell even more t-shirts all around the world...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or I could just make an alternate version. . .

Attachments

• shirt2.jpg
    shirt2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 454
Yep, you can print front, back, and on the sleeves, too. Plus a choice from a lightweight cotton all the way up to organic, weaved by virgins with appropriate pricing. Plus flock lettering and all sorts. It was quite comprehensive.

From memory, in their designer popup you can click on the front, back or sleeve you want to print on then add text or graphics. Not all products allow all printing options, but most of the t-shirts did.

There's also an option to allow the buyer to change the wording (e.g. Phantom 2, or put in metres).

Setting up a shop is the best idea, as you can add a range of things - hats, shirts, hoodies, etc. They used to do umbrellas - be good as a sunshade for FPV?! ;)

We got good feedback as to the quality of the clothing, but again that was some time ago so can't vouch for it now. If you are any good at graphics you can upload a design and use that as well. Have fun playing!

For the front part... rather than just 'Phantom 2 Vision', how about:

Yes, I'm flying a
Phantom 2 Vision
(answers on the back)

Orrr... add 'FAQ' on top of the list on the back :)

Dumb question: what's the question for the second reply?

And the last statement should be rather: "Happy to reply to all your further questions AFTER I land it...."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub