P2V+ DNG white balance

Reaction score
I noticed a weird thing on my Phantom .dng-files and was hoping to get some input from you guys, wether it's just my model. I have a Vision 2 Plus v2, and take photos in DNG with the default settings, except for setting the format to .dng.

The white balance is set to a regular temperature (3500-8000), regular in snowy conditions anyhow. What I find odd is that the tint of the camera is very far out on the magenta side. Usually the tint varies from -10 to +10 in my cameras, but the files from the V2+ is over at +139, which is very extreme when the scale maxes out at +/-150.

I've shot in non-snowy conditions too, and find my tint around +125. The difference in tint seems to be +/- 20, which is normal, BUT it should be around the zero mark, not +130.

See this screencap from a photo I took the other day:

Other P2V+ owners, do you experience the same thing? It is not a very big problem, but it does point out that something is not exactly as it should, and could probably cause minor difficulties in post on special occasions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 374
That triangle in the upper left corner should by black in the tools panel and if you adjust the black slider that will take care of it. Did you use the eyedropper to correct WB that should help take out some of the blue.

I noticed a weird thing on my Phantom .dng-files and was hoping to get some input from you guys, wether it's just my model. I have a Vision 2 Plus v2, and take photos in DNG with the default settings, except for setting the format to .dng.

The white balance is set to a regular temperature (3500-8000), regular in snowy conditions anyhow. What I find odd is that the tint of the camera is very far out on the magenta side.
I notice a magenta cast in some of my pics and in some of my vids (P2V+v3). And for some reason my video editor multiplies the magenta upon rendering.

That triangle in the upper left corner should by black in the tools panel and if you adjust the black slider that will take care of it. Did you use the eyedropper to correct WB that should help take out some of the blue.
I usually use the eyedropper tool to adjust WB, and LR takes care of it usually. Still, I find it odd that it is centered around +140 instead of +/- 0, like it should.

This could easily cause problems for a beginner using automatic features of different programs, which could cause a heavy magenta cast to photos and videos.

It's not exactly a big problem, but it is very odd.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl