P2V crash from three perspectives

Reaction score
The back story on this is that I was in a hurry and ignored the instructions and warnings. Specifically, I calibrated on the hood of my SUV and flew even after I saw that the LEDs were flashing red and yellow instead of green before take off. Luckily no one was injured and nothing was damaged but the phantom it eventually flew again but I could not get the battery read out to work and the battery itself stopped taking. A charge I eventually sold it and the rotor pixel mount at a huge loss but got into a p3a soon afterwards.

The worst part about the crash was not the loss of the phantom nor the odd silence of the many people watching from the restaraunt patio next to the ramp or the people on the ramp. No the worst occured on the walk back to my boat after parking my tow vehicle a river rat walks up too me and screams, "Dude, the drone crashed into the water!", my first thought was "no $hit Sherlock, I know, I was there, not only is it my drone, I crashed it into the water." But Instead I just shook my head in confirmation and continued my walk of shame.

Oops- lessons learned all round. Good footage though. Merry Christmas

Calibrating the compass right next to the car??????

You're brave. I have great video of going into tree tops on a hill at speed ripping the gimbal and GoPro completely off as it spins and bounces to eventually land on the ground about 40 feet from where the Phantom ended up resting. But I'll never post it. Can't handle the comments. Sorry for your loss. But Merry Christmas anyway.

I don't know about being brave just trying to keep it real. Like their predecessors phantoms are rc helicopters and all are subject to crashing, it's not a matter of if but when. In this case and in others I've had the crash was avoidable all I had to do is head the warning signs I saw.

I had a p1 that I disassembled to paint. Crashed it into a tree on the first flight afterwards. Luckily it got stuck low in the tree and the go pro did fall from it. The tree was my neighbor's so I walked a ladder over there to get the P1 back and there was nobody around because it was a weekday. In that case I made the mistake of putting the compass in a magnetic tray. In both instances the LEDs were not flashing green on take off but I chose to fly anyway and paid the price in money, down time and embarrassment.

Never again? Or until next time? Hopefully the former not the latter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik