P2V+, Controller losing connection to Quad-copter

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First Post to PhantomPilots.com, I have a question that some of you might have already answered.

While Flying my P2V+ it will lose contact with the 5.8GHz remote and quad copter will go into fail-safe mode and return to home. This has been happening almost every flight and luckily it has only landed itself in a tree once.

Also I cannot recover the quad copter from fail-safe mode once the connection has broken.

A few things id like to rule out:

Fresh Batteries in the remote, w/ 5.9 Volts verified on my volt meter.
Sometimes the LED on the remote when turned on will Beep Twice then turn green, then red and then shut off.
Firmware is up to date on both the quad copter and the Remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
SilverStone

I would check that the batteries are a tight fit in the remote, I have seen reports of some people having to bend the contacts a bit to stop the batteries losing connection. :)

Also, don't use rechargable nicad or nimh batteries for the transmitter only use fresh alkalines.
Read the manual very carefully. In phantom mode the right switch can be used to cancel RTH (return to home)

Welcome to the forum!

DronePilot said:
Also, don't use rechargable nicad or nimh batteries for the transmitter only use fresh alkalines.
Read the manual very carefully. In phantom mode the right switch can be used to cancel RTH (return to home)

Welcome to the forum!

WTH i use Mi-mh 850mAH in the remote. I can fly 1km with that.
After 3 time flying ( 2x phantom battery so its actually 6 quad charges ) I have to charge them.
I always have 4 spare charged ni-mh battery's on my person i case they run out when its airborn.

+1. Mine are 2900mah (on a P2)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

I only use eneloop rechargables and disagree with using alkalines. I charge them every 6 flights but don't have to (plenty of juice). I also carry a spare set in my flight bag.

I recommend returning it.

I'm on my third P2V+, and the second one exhibited this exact problem. It only flew four times, and they all ended in RTH. The first time I flew it, it lost connection and went into RTH when it was less than 100ft from takeoff. That turned out to be the longest flight of its short life.
I took it back to the dealer that sold it to me. They tested it to make sure everything was working properly and told me if it happened again to bring it back.
Second flight same result. I returned it and they flew it the third time and confirmed the defect. They changed the entire Tx/controller and flew it a fourth time and had the same result.
At that point they offered to take it back because there were no receivers available to change out. It went back to DJI and I bought my third P2V+.
I recommend returning it and try another one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl