P2V - Compass Problem (i think)

Reaction score
Hello,
I've an issue with the compass (i think).
While flying this morning, I noticed a significant tendency for the craft to drift to the left, about 10degrees from straight ahead.
Before flying I had,
updated the firmware to 3.02 (as prompted by the Assitant Software), as well as the P330CB.
done a basic IMU calibration
and done a compass calibration (the DJI dance I think I see it being called?) before flying.

Flying was in no wind, in a baseball field, well away from interference. The craft performed normally, smoothly, except for the directional problem. I would line the craft up facing directly away from me, and push the stick forward (3m/s top speed). The craft would continue to face the way I had intended, but would drift to the left.

I noticed that the 'radar' display in the iOS app showed the craft facing 10degrees-ish (at least matching what I see in motion) off of the visible orientation in front of me.

The day before I had had a hard landing. Craft bounced quite well, I haven't noticed any structural damage (cracks or bends or anything).

When I attach to the Assistant Software the compass information is as follows

X -87 Y -108 Z 147 Mod 1375 (fluctuates) I gather from some posting that the Mod number is significant?

After I had noticed the direction problem I did several complete cycles of powering down, powering up, re-calibrating the compass, wait 2min for RTH, then flying, see direction problem, land, power down..

What else can I try, to remedy what appears to be a compass calibration error?
Thanks in advance. I also did indeed attempt to search the forum for this issue, but was told by the search engine that the word 'compass' couldn't be used because it returned too many results. So, I'm starting my own thread.

Thanks!
-Liam

Hi,
New problem (exhibited after the hard landing, and the firmware updates). Craft had been 'normal' before that. This would have been about my 10th flight.
I'm in Tucson, AZ. Thanks for that link.. That certainly seems accurate to my experience..
-Liam

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik