P2V+ Chasing an UltraLight ... [video] {new audio track}

DBS

Reaction score
Got an awesome opportunity this morning... probly never get a chance to do this again as long as i live... :ugeek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxi7MBJQ4U[/youtube]

Audio may still be processing at time of post but i gadda get some sleep... **** thing took forever to edit and upload :?

Re: P2V+ Chasing an UltraLight ... Video

That's awesome. 1/4 mile from where I live they launch hot air balloons. I'm looking forward to capturing some awesome footage!

Fun to watch and it looked like you kept it safe...
It would be really neat to pre-coordinate as you mention.
Do you know if we was ever aware you were there?

Did those other pilots know you were there and following?
Really a bad idea to be in the same airspace with a manned aircraft unless the pilot knows exactly where you are.
Of course, he did fly into your airspace, but he may not have known you were there.

Nice video though.

swankster988 said:
That's awesome. 1/4 mile from where I live they launch hot air balloons. I'm looking forward to capturing some awesome footage!

man that would be sweet... and they move slow so you won't have to go balls out to keep up :)

John Shaw said:
Fun to watch and it looked like you kept it safe...
It would be really neat to pre-coordinate as you mention.
Do you know if we was ever aware you were there?

Thanks John... He was aware... on the large banking turns towards the end he was stretching his neck to see where my Phantom was ... he had already flown over our control area several times and waved and gave the thumbs up before i started doing this as if to egg us on... and at a few points he came and chased me down after i couldn't keep up... like just before the fast pass on the left

DownunderPhantom said:
Really nice video... Well done..

thankyou sir

cahutch said:
Did those other pilots know you were there and following?
Really a bad idea to be in the same airspace with a manned aircraft unless the pilot knows exactly where you are.
Of course, he did fly into your airspace, but he may not have known you were there.

Nice video though.

"those other pilots"?... did you see something i didn't see?

But yeah... like i mentioned above he was well aware we were there... he did several flyby's and when he first passed there were 2 quads in the air that he swerved on and waved... smiling and waving and twirling his finger in the air like "fire 'em up, let's go" ... i wouldn't have done this otherwise... as a matter of fact , on his first flyover the quads dropped out of the air like stones making sure he had the space he needed ... but then as he gave all the hand signals and gestures ... it was obvious what to do next :ugeek:

Re: P2V+ Chasing an UltraLight ... [video]

Love videos with some action. Bet that ultra light pilot would give anything for your video. To bad we couldn't have a microphone on Phantom. This guy would have freaked out if you landed by him and said a few words. lol.

I am sure the microlite pilot would pay you some $$$$ for that video.

swankster988 said:
If I was piloting a hot air balloon, I would be very afraid of a Phantom. They probably don't know whether the Phantom's plastic props could cut right through their nylon balloon skin - and neither do I. Unless you know the folks and they know you, you might want to avoid or at least ask permission to fly near them.

Very nice. Loved the first part when he appeared outta nowhere and banked right. Hope you get to do that again :cool:

msross said:
Where was this taken? Great video....mike....

Fort Pierce , Florida ... Thank you sir

enterprise1 said:
Love videos with some action. Bet that ultra light pilot would give anything for your video. To bad we couldn't have a microphone on Phantom. This guy would have freaked out if you landed by him and said a few words. lol.

I never would have thought of that... interesting feedback :|

slothead said:
Looks like somewhere in Florida to me. I agree about the great video. Well done DBS.

Thankyou sir...

robinb said:
I am sure the microlite pilot would pay you some $$$$ for that video.

well... he's got it for free now on YouTube :ugeek:

slothead said:
swankster988 said:
If I was piloting a hot air balloon, I would be very afraid of a Phantom. They probably don't know whether the Phantom's plastic props could cut right through their nylon balloon skin - and neither do I. Unless you know the folks and they know you, you might want to avoid or at least ask permission to fly near them.

and always remember... people are gonna say no... and they have that right... but if you do get permission... stay back far enough to always have a full balloon in your shot and use spotters for your "out of camera view" areas... could make for some awesome video :ugeek:

Brettly said:
Very nice. Loved the first part when he appeared outta nowhere and banked right. Hope you get to do that again :cool:

also my favorite part... thanks bro... and yeah... man I'd love a second chance at that... you know when you sit and watch later thinking "I should've done this or that" ... but anyway... still was a great opportunity and I'm glad I was lucky enough to be there AND be the one with a leftover battery that late in the morning... weird how it all fell into place :|

I can't imagine having the skill it takes to follow this ultra around and keep him in the frame....Chuck should be out in Hollywood doing work for the Fast and Furious guys..... :mrgreen:

opassac said:
Great video...

and looking safe and responsible, flying alongside another craft... loved it...

Thanks bro... safety was the number one on this for sure :ugeek:

Dirty Bird said:
Way cool! ;)

and waaayyyyyy thankyou sir !!!

RedRyderMedia said:
Great video. The ultralight looked like fun to....I want one!

Forreals bro... I thinks that's the first time I've been deep inside the FPV screen having an awesome flight... But at the same time... Wishing I was the guy in frunna me :? ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl